Dark Chocolate Dipped Bananas Recipe
Between the sweetness of the banana and the bitter dark chocolate dip, how could you say no to a dark chocolate dipped banana? These small banana pops are the perfect dessert for those who are looking to wow a crowd at their next potluck. You can top these bananas with shredded coconut, almonds, or sea salt. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, you could always add other types of toppings, like cookie crumbs or mini candies.
Bananas are a great choice not only in terms of taste, but they can even benefit your health. Bananas can help you lose weight, reduce belly bloat, fight cancer, and increase your energy. This is a delicious, dessert-like way to get the benefits of bananas with the sweet taste you crave post-dinner.
The best part about these little guys? They freeze well, so you can prep them in advance and save them in the freezer! This is a great dessert to make for a dinner party or brunch you have for the weekend, without having to do the prep the day of. However, if you would rather make these chocolate dipped bananas right before the party, here’s how to keep bananas fresh so you don’t have rotten bananas on your hands.
Nutrition: 261 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated), 198 mg sodium
Makes 6 servings
2 bananas, peeled and cut into thirds
6 crafts sticks
8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 tsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
2 Tbsp chopped toasted almonds
1⁄2 tsp flaked sea salt
How to Make It
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Insert a crafts stick into each banana piece. Arrange banana pieces on the baking sheet. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Combine chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof pan; boil over a pan of gently simmering water. Stir just until melted.
- Dip each banana piece in melted chocolate, one at a time, spooning on additional chocolate to cover.
- Sprinkle two banana pieces with coconut; two with toasted almonds; and 2 with flaked sea salt.
- Set on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes, or return to freezer for up to 3 days.
RELATED: The science-backed way to curb your sweet tooth in 14 days.