Quick and Healthy Fried Rice Cups Recipe
Craving some Chinese food, but don’t feel like spending the money? Before splurging on some pork fried rice and egg rolls again, why not try making some delicious fried rice at home? This fried rice cups recipe will make perfect portions of fried rice, while keeping that calorie count nice and low!
The trick to this easy recipe is buying precooked brown rice. Because cooking brown rice will take longer to make compared to white rice, having precooked brown rice will help immensely. Or, you could even prep a large amount of brown rice at the beginning of the week and use it for easy cooking throughout the week.
Between the precooked brown rice and the frozen vegetables, these fried rice cups are proving to be one of the easiest dinners you’ll ever make.
Nutrition: 322 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated), 958 mg sodium
Makes 4 servings
8 paper muffin cup liners
Canola oil cooking spray
2 (8.8-oz) packages precooked brown rice
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp minced ginger
3 green onions, chopped, divided
1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
5 eggs, beaten
Crushed red pepper (optional)
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line 8 standard muffin cups with paper liners. Spray with canola oil cooking spray; set aside.
- Tear a vent at the top of each package of rice, and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds. Squeeze packages to loosen rice and separate grains.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger and 2 of the green onions. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the rice and cook, breaking it apart and mixing with oil, until grains are very lightly toasted, about 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Remove from heat. Stir in peas and carrots.
- Divide rice mixture evenly among muffin cups. Divide beaten eggs evenly among muffin cups. Spray tops of rice with canola cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until egg is set and tops are golden and crispy.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before using a butter knife to loosen and remove from pan. Top with remaining green onion and crushed red pepper, if using.
Eat This Tip
Make a mess of these to freeze. Reheat them in the microwave for a quick snack throughout the week.
RELATED: These are the easy, at-home recipes that help you lose weight.