Instant Pot Keto Cheeseburger Soup
Typically, cheeseburger soup consists of the following delicious ingredients: ground beef, cheese, and potatoes. But what if you're attempting the keto diet and can't have those extra net carbs? Whether you're attempting the keto diet, or simply looking for more low-carb meal ideas, this Instant Pot keto cheeseburger soup is perfect to have for dinner (or lunches!) throughout the week.
To make this recipe, I simply took out the potatoes and added in more low-carb vegetables. It may not sound particularly filling, but trust me. Between all of the fat in the heavy cream, sour cream, and cheddar cheese, you'll be feeling pretty full before you even finish your bowl.
Here's how to make a keto cheeseburger soup in your Instant Pot in less than 30 minutes!
1 lb. ground beef
1 cup diced onions
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup diced celery
3 cups beef broth
1/2 tsp paprika
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese
Chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
- Turn on the Sauté feature for the Instant Pot. Once warm, cook the ground beef inside the Instant Pot. Drain the excess grease into a can.
- Add in onions and cook for 1 minute. Then add in the carrots, celery, beef broth, and paprika.
- Place the lid on top and switch the Instant Pot to manual (Pressure Cook). Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes, seal closed.
- Once the timer goes off, let the pot depressurize by itself for 10 minutes, then release the rest of the pressure.
- Switch it back to the Sauté feature and add the heavy cream, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Stir until fully combined and warmed through.
- Scoop into bowls and top with bacon bits, parsley, and extra cheddar cheese if desired.
More content from Recipes
- – 13 Healthier Old-Fashioned Midwestern Recipes To Try Tonight
- – 30+ Easy Dinners That Will Leave You With Plenty of Leftovers
- – 23 Old-Fashioned Summer Recipes You Need To Make
- – 15 Classic 1950-era Dishes That Will Make You Feel Super American
- – The Best Classic Recipes Your Grandma Used to Make
- – Healthy Lunch Recipes That Take 10 Minutes (or Less!)
- – Professional Chefs' 16 Quickest 5-Ingredient Summer Recipes
- – 35+ Easy Recipes Anyone Can Make at Home