Arugula and Grapefruit Salad With Dill Ranch Dressing
Finding keto-friendly recipes can be tricky, but it doesn't have to be. There are plenty of foods that still let you get all the flavor you love, all while following the low-carb meal plan. This arugula and grapefruit salad recipe is meant to be a side dish, but you can easily make it a full meal by adding protein and fat. As pictured, we added avocado and bacon to make this salad even more delicious.
And if you're not following the keto diet, this is still one salad you might be interested in adding to your rotation. If you love the sweet taste of fruit in a savory salad, the grapefruit pieces in this recipe will really hit the spot. Plus, this recipe has just 10 grams of sugar per serving—so you'll get some of that natural sweetness without a sugar overload. Combine that with the five grams of protein and three grams of fiber, and you have a winning salad for any occasion.
Nutrition: 171 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated), 135 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 5 g protein
Makes 2 servings
1 pink grapefruit
3 cups arugula
4 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
Creamy Ranch dressing (recipe below)
1 Tbsp roasted and salted shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas) or sunflower seeds
How to Make It
- Cut grapefruit in half lengthwise (top to bottom). Place one half, flat side down, on a cutting board and cut away the peel and white pith. Cut out citrus segments, leaving membranes behind. Repeat with remaining grapefruit half.
- Divide arugula between two salad plates. Top with grapefruit segments and red onion. Drizzle each salad with 1 to 2 tablespoons creamy Ranch dressing. Top with pumpkin seeds.
Creamy Ranch Dressing Recipe
In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup whole-fat plain yogurt or sour cream, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill, 1 teaspoon lemon juice or cider vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon each onion powder and sea salt, and 1 clove garlic, minced. Whisk in 2 or 3 tablespoons cream or whole milk until desired consistency. Transfer to a bottle or jar with a lid, and chill up to 2 weeks. Shake before serving.
More content from Recipes
- – 4 Healthy Breakfast Recipes To Manage Diabetes
- – Egg Muffins with Spinach and Feta
- – Almond Cherry Smoothie Packs
- – Pecan Pie Muffins
- – Crunchy Peach Parfaits
- – 27 Creative Ricotta Cheese Recipes (That Aren't Lasagna)
- – 10 Old-Fashioned Dips Made With Healthier Ingredients
- – 10 Healthier Copycat Recipes for Nostalgic Childhood Treats