This Green Keto Shake Recipe Is Loaded With Superfoods
This is a big, satisfying, clean green power keto shake that'll stifle your hunger pangs without impacting your blood sugar. Avocado and coconut milk produce longer-lasting levels of energy because they are both loaded with healthy fats. This is the basic principle behind diets like keto and paleo, which advocate consuming high levels of these types of fats so that you don't need to rely on refined carbs or sugars to power you through the day. Drinking a shake like this in the morning sets you up for making better food choices later in the day—because you're not swayed by monstrous hunger to grab the first mouth-watering thing you see (we're looking at you, pizzas and pastas!). You'll also have an easier time eating less at mealtime.
Avocado also blends in nicely with just about any milk you chose to use in your shakes or smoothies, so adding it in for both the nutritional benefits and the creamy silky texture it provides is a double win.
Hemp seeds are tiny little nutritional powerhouses, too, so it's no wonder their benefits have been lauded by healthy eaters for decades. They are now gaining more prominence as they're used in numerous secondary products like alternative milks, cereals, and even yogurts. Believe it or not, these little seeds are made up of more than 30 percent healthy fat, and more than 25 percent good-quality plant-based protein. They also contain high levels of amino acids, which has been linked to their cardiovascular health benefits, like heart health and lower blood pressure.
Trust us, this shake is an all-around healthy breakfast win.
Nutrition: 297 calories, 24 g fat (16 g saturated), 53 mg sodium, carbs 16 g, fiber 5 g, 10 g sugar, 4 g protein
Makes 2 servings
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
1/2 cup cold water
1 cup fresh baby spinach
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
2 tsp shelled hemp seeds
6 to 8 drops liquid stevia
Fresh blueberries, optional
How to Make It
1. In a blender, combine coconut milk, the water, spinach, frozen blueberries, avocado, and hemp seeds. Cover and blend until smooth. Sweeten with stevia and add more to taste if desired. Pour into two glasses. Garnish with additional hemp seeds and fresh blueberries, if using.
More content from Recipes
- – 8 5-Ingredient Smoothie Recipes to Lose Abdominal Fat
- – 5 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes for Stronger Muscles, Says Dietitian
- – 8 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes to Help Lose Abdominal Fat
- – 6 Vegetable Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
- – 6 Best Smoothie Recipes to Lower Cholesterol, Says Nutritionist
- – 40+ Best-Ever Breakfast Smoothies For Weight Loss
- – 12 Healthy Smoothies That Taste Like Decadent Fall Desserts
- – The 25 Best-Ever Weight Loss Smoothies