Decadent Keto Latte Swirl Brownies Recipe
If you've started the ketogenic diet, you might already be familiar with some of the basic meals you can prepare for yourself. There's keto-friendly salmon, which is high in healthy fats. And you can eat plenty of delicious, high-fat foods like dairy products and avocados. But things might get a little trickier if you're new to the diet and are wondering, say, where to find keto-friendly desserts. Enter this keto brownie recipe, which features almond flour, cream cheese, and dark chocolate for a decadent combination.
This brownie recipe comes out to just 140 calories a serving, so go ahead and indulge. With instant coffee powder and dark chocolate, this treat is so delicious, you'll barely even remember it's keto-compliant.
Nutrition: 140 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated), 110 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 3 g protein
Makes 16 servings
1 3-oz package cream cheese
3 Tbsp powdered erythritol
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup butter
3 oz dark (85% to 90%) chocolate, chopped
1 cup powdered erythritol
1 Tbsp instant espresso or coffee powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup almond flour
1/4 cup natural cocoa powder
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of the pan. Lightly grease the foil with coconut oil or butter; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and the three tablespoons erythritol with a mixer on medium-high until combined. Beat in egg yolk; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in the 1 cup erythritol, 2 eggs, coffee powder, vanilla, and salt. Stir in almond flour and cocoa powder just until combined. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture in small mounds over batter. Using a toothpick or tip of a knife, swirl cream cheese mixture into brownie batter.
- Bake 25 minutes or until the top feels firm and swirls are light brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. (Brownies will get firmer upon cooling.) Use foil to lift uncut brownies from pan. Cut into 16 squares.
- Store any leftover brownies in refrigerator up to 4 days or freeze up to 3 months.