Oreo Is Doing This for the First Time Ever
Oreo is hopping aboard the celebrity partnership train with its first-ever collaboration on a music-inspired cookie. The cookie maker has partnered with none other than Lady Gaga to bring you limited-edition Chromatica Oreos. Featuring a pink wafer shell stuffed with bright green creme, this cookie is unlike anything you've ever seen Oreo do before.
The pink and green Oreos are named after the Grammy Award–winning artist's sixth studio album Chromatica, which was released in May of this year. Besides the colorful update, the cookies will also be etched with brand-new designs reminiscent of the album's cover art—all in the service of transporting fans to "the world of Chromatica, where kindness rules all things," according to Gaga herself. (Related: McDonald's Is Making These 8 Major Upgrades.)
"Together with Lady Gaga, we cannot wait to unleash her world of Chromatica on our Oreo cookie and encourage fans to spread musical messages of kindness to create a brighter and more connected country," Justin Parnell, senior director of Oreo, said in a press release.
The limited-edition release will be followed up with a "Sing It With Oreo" campaign, which encourages fans to send musical messages to loved ones for a chance to win an assortment of Lady Gaga swag and experiences.
Six-packs of the cookies will drop in January everywhere where Oreos are sold, and they'll be around while supplies last (which may not be long at all). A release date for full-size packs hasn't yet been announced—but worry not. You can sign up for the Lady Gaga x Oreo Stan Club to get notified as soon as they drop. Plus, the first 1,000 people to sign up will get a complimentary cookie pack when they're released.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest grocery news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Groceries
- – America's Favorite Grocery Store Is… 7-Eleven?
- – Suddenly, You Can't Get A Mobile Phone at Costco Anymore—Here's Why
- – Is Costco Doing Away With Live Christmas Trees?
- – Kraft Heinz Recalls Nearly 2,400 Pounds of Oscar Mayer Meat
- – American Costco Shoppers Are Jealous of the Canadian Food Court—Here's Why
- – The Baguette Was Just Declared an Important Cultural Legacy by UNESCO
- – Walgreens Just Launched a New Super Speedy, 24-Hour Delivery Service
- – Trader Joe's Shoppers Are Reporting an Abundance of Holiday Items