Mediterranean Cauliflower and Pepper Salad
A salad can make a satisfying low-calorie meal if you use the right plant-based ingredients like protein-rich garbanzo beans and the satiating, heart-healthy fat from olive oil. The fresh herbs (as well as the vegetables) have anti-inflammatory properties and the cauliflower in part provides powerful antioxidants and phytonutrients that protect against disease and dietary fiber to feed the good bacteria in your gut, which plays a key role in reducing inflammation.
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped red and/or yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs such as mint, parsley, basil, and/or oregano
- 2 tablespoon chopped green onion or chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 pitted Kalamata olives, halved
How to Make It
- In a bowl combine the first eight ingredients (through lemon zest). Sprinkle with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and black pepper; toss to coat.
- Top with feta cheese and olives.
- To Store: Cover and chill salad up to 24 hours
For more healthy eating news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Recipes
- – 33 Best Grilling Recipes on the Planet
- – 6 Best Rice Recipes to Shrink Belly Fat, Say Dietitians
- – 25 Best Vintage Recipes
- – Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppadew Peppers Recipe
- – 15 Quick & Healthy Potato Salad Recipes for Weight Loss
- – 21 Healthy Memorial Day Recipes That Take 20 Minutes (or Less!)
- – Savory Spirulina and Kale Oatmeal Recipe
- – 50 Vintage Recipes to Bring Back This Summer