Mini Banana Pancake Bites Recipe
Making pancakes for breakfast is the classic way to go. But these mini banana pancake bites can up your breakfast game with just a few extra steps and ingredients.
If you're looking for a healthier meal to start your day or secretly add more fruit into your kids diet, then you need to add this recipe to your morning routine. Since bananas are naturally soft and sweet, covering them with pancake batter only ups their flavor and smooth texture. Plus, the recipe calls for a nice strawberry and mango puree that are almost too simple to make and even more fun to dip the baby pancakes in!
Recipe provided by Dole
Makes 3 to 4 servings
1/4 cup chopped DOLE® Mango
2 Tbsp raw cane sugar
1/4 cup chopped DOLE® Strawberries
4 ripe DOLE® Bananas, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup protein pancake and waffle mix
2 Tbsp natural buttery spread with olive oil, melted
Nonstick cooking spray
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 300°F; line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- Heat mango, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 cup water to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat; reduce heat to low and cook 4 minutes or until mango is very soft, stirring occasionally. Transfer mango mixture to a blender; purée on high until smooth. Makes about 3 tablespoons.
- Heat strawberries, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 cup water to a simmer in the same small saucepan over medium heat; reduce heat to low and cook 4 minutes or until strawberries are very soft, stirring occasionally. Transfer strawberry mixture to a blender; purée on high until smooth. Makes about 3 tablespoons.
- Whisk pancake and waffle mix, buttery spread and 3/4 cup water in a medium bowl.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; spray with cooking spray. In 2 batches, dip bananas in batter to coat, allowing excess to drip off; place in skillet and cook 4 minutes or until tops and bottoms are golden brown, turning once. Stand bananas upright and cook for 1 minute, turning to brown on all sides. Transfer to the prepared pan; keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining batch. Makes about 40 bites.
- Serve pancake bites with mango and strawberry mixtures for dipping.
More content from Recipes
- – 13 Healthier Old-Fashioned Midwestern Recipes To Try Tonight
- – 30+ Easy Dinners That Will Leave You With Plenty of Leftovers
- – 20 Old-Fashioned Pie Recipes To Make This Weekend
- – 23 Old-Fashioned Summer Recipes You Need To Make
- – 15 Classic 1950-era Dishes That Will Make You Feel Super American
- – 15 Vintage Cakes That Are Perfect for Birthdays
- – 8 5-Ingredient Smoothie Recipes to Lose Abdominal Fat
- – The Best Classic Recipes Your Grandma Used to Make