This Barbecue Chain Is Lowering the Prices On Its Most Popular Menu Items
This is why one barbecue chain's move to drop prices stands out in the fast-casual industry. Hoping to offer customers better value for their money, East Coast brand Mighty Quinn's is giving them a discount of about 9% on two of its most popular menu items.
The reduction will be applied to Mighty Quinn's meat samplers with sides. The popular 2-meat sampler with brisket, for example, will be lowered to $18 from about $20—and in total, the price reductions will cut inflation-related increases by about half.
Like other chains, Mighty Quinn's had to increase its menu prices in early 2022 in response to the 40-year-high inflation. But with the costs of meat products beginning to level out, the chain wants to pass the savings on to customers.
The chain, with locations in New York, New Jersey, Maryland, and Florida, is hoping to set itself apart from the fast-casual crowd with the price decreases.
"Sometimes during these high inflationary environments, companies use it as a cover to raise prices because everyone else is doing it," CEO Micha Magid told Restaurant Business. "That can't go on forever. We wanted to take a stand that we're not going to participate in this part of the cycle."
The strategy appears to be paying off, as Magid reported increases in customer traffic following the 9% decrease. Competitors in the fast-casual space have taken similar approaches, following the recent deflation of certain consumer goods.
Wingstop indicated last month that it was considering passing savings on to consumers, and burger chain Red Robin made a splash on Monday with its new $10 meal deal (which includes unlimited fries and beverage refills).
There may even be additional price decreases on the way at Mighty Quinn's, but for now, the chain is still keeping an eye on the market, and hoping customers will find their current pricing just right.
More content from Restaurants
- – Would You Spend $65 on One Pizza? Cici's Thinks Its New "Piezilla" Is Worth It
- – 5 Fast-Food Chains That Use Fresh-Cut Potatoes for Their Fries
- – Starbucks Gift Cards Are Kind of a Scam—Here's Why
- – 7 Burger Chains with the Most Food Quality Complaints in 2022
- – 10 Unusual Fast-Food Menu Items You Could Order 20 Years Ago
- – 8 Clever Moves Fast-Food Chains Used To Stay Relevant in 2022
- – 7 Restaurant Chains You're Going to See Everywhere in 2023
- – Taco Bell Has a New Guacamole, But Customers Are Divided on the Taste