This Beloved Burger Chain Is Testing a Major Addition to Its Restaurants
Lines are getting blurrier among fast-food, fast-casual, and full-service restaurant chains since the pandemic turned the world on its head. The popular better-burger chain Smashburger is embracing the trend, however, and has started adding a feature to its locations usually reserved for dine-in chains and sports bars.
A full-service bar has been unveiled at Smashburger's new Denver restaurant—and it won't be the only such location in the chain's portfolio. Another Smashburger bar location will open in New York's Madison Square Garden area, with three more locations in the works as well.
And don't miss 12 Fast-Food Chains That Use the Lowest Quality Beef
The bar will feature creative cocktail combinations that complement the chain's menu, like a signature Blackberry Smash, Smoke & Spice Margarita, Smash Rum Punch, Coconut Mule, and others. In addition, the Denver location will feature big-screen TVs to enjoy sports on, blurring the line between burger joint and sports bar even further.
Bachmann mentioned that he believed the post-pandemic world is looking for an elevated fast-casual experience that combines a social outlet with a competitive price point. "This is the way of the future for fast-casual," he said. "You're going to see restaurants offer not only other channels of revenue but an overall better dining experience."
While customers can still have the convenience of ordering at the register and having their food quickly brought to them, they can also choose to relax at the bar and enjoy themselves. Additionally, the brand is working on expanding its virtual drive-thru experience where customers can order through the app and pick up their order curbside or from outdoor warming cubbies.
For those in Smashburger's hometown of Denver, the new location will be hosting a grand opening celebration on Saturday, April 2. The party will feature a happy hour, burger special, and Colorado Rockies swag.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Classic Orders You Have To Try at a Steakhouse, According to Chefs
- – The Unhealthiest Ice Creams at Every Major Chain
- – 9 Secrets About Shake Shack That Might Surprise You
- – This Gourmet Burger Chain Is Ramping Up Its Value Deals
- – Select McDonald's Locations Are Bringing Back This Beloved Breakfast Item
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Walks Back Major Expansion Plans
- – The Unhealthiest Restaurant Meals You Should Never Order
- – This Popular Fast Casual Will Lay Off 5% of Its Workforce Due To Slowing Sales