Chick-fil-A is Launching This Major New Fall Breakfast Item
From its Hash Brown Scramble Burrito to iconic Chicken Biscuit (which consistently ranks as one of America's favorite morning sandwiches), Chick-fil-A has a solid lineup. In fact, it hasn't felt the need to change anything on its breakfast menu since 2017. That is, until now.
Starting August 22, the fried chicken chain will be testing Chorizo Cheddar Egg Bites during its breakfast hours. The limited-time item will be only available at select locations like Augusta, Ga., Aiken, S.C., Columbus, Ohio, Norfolk and Portsmouth, Va., Miami, Fla., and New Orleans, La.,—so fans should check to see if their local store is participating in the test before arriving.
The Chorizo Cheddar Egg Bites include four snack-sized pieces. Additionally, just like the Chicken Biscuits, the Egg Bites are made every morning and feature eggs, Mexican-style chorizo sausage, and a blend of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
"As summer ends and the back-to-school morning routine begins, we wanted to offer our customers a new protein-packed entrée that keeps them satisfied when they're on-the-go without sacrificing taste," said Leslie Neslage, director of menu and packaging at Chick-fil-A on the website. "Our guests are asking for more bite-sized, shareable breakfast options, and we look forward to hearing what they think about our limited-time Chorizo Cheddar Egg Bites test."
The new breakfast item will debut in the seven cities as a test run before premiering nationwide.
And while the breakfast menu has remained fairly static, that's not to say that Chick-fil-A hasn't been making innovations in other areas. The company announced in June it may have a solution to its ongoing drive-thru issues with a new Express lane. The chain has been testing new drive-thru technology that may help its lanes operate more efficiently and has installed it at over 60 restaurants so far.
More content from Restaurants
- – 9 Fast-Food Breakfasts To Stay Away From Right Now
- – This Popular Pizza Chain Is Launching Its First-Ever Burger
- – 12 Worst Steakhouse Sides to Stay Away From Right Now
- – America's Favorite Pasta Chain Is Bringing Back This Iconic Deal
- – This New Texas Roadhouse Product Sold Out in Minutes—Here's How to Get It
- – The Best Chili in Every State
- – This Sandwich Chain Has Gone From Struggling To Growing With 19 New Locations
- – 4 Once-Favorite Pizza Chains in America That Went Out of Business