This Burger Chain Serves the Best Quality Beef Patties, New Report Shows
When you set out to enjoy a juicy burger, it's usually the drippy, gooey cheeses, sauces, and condiments—aka all the extras—that make for an indulgent first impression. But what takes a burger from a mediocre fast-food item to a top-notch culinary achievement is the beef. And for the third year in a row, one fast-casual chain proved that its burgers are a cut above the rest in that department.
BurgerFi, a leader among better-for-you burger chains, has just received the top grade for the quality of its beef. For the third year in a row, the 120-unit chain was awarded an A in the annual Chain Reaction Report, which ranks America's top restaurant chains on their policies relating to antibiotic use in their beef supply chains. BurgerFi serves antibiotic-free Angus beef, which doesn't contain any steroids, added hormones, chemicals, or additives. Additionally, the meat is humanely raised, vegetarian grass-fed, and never frozen.
By contrast, beef from several other large burger chains didn't stack up as well. Meat patties from McDonald's and Wendy's received a C, while Burger King, Sonic, and Jack In the Box all received an F—signaling that those chains have not even established policies to restrict antibiotic use in their beef supply chains.
"It requires an investment to offer premium, never frozen Angus beef that is free of antibiotics, hormones, steroids, but it's important to satisfy an increasing number of guests concerned about the quality, transparency, and integrity of their food," said Julio Ramirez, CEO of BurgerFi. "It's another example of how we're working hard to deliver the best burger experience."
To celebrate the perfect grade, the chain is currently serving an A+ Meal, a combo that includes a choice between the BurgerFi Cheeseburger, Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger, Conflicted Burger, and Breakfast-All-Day Burger, as well as the chain's Fresh-Cut Fries and a Coca-Cola Freestyle Beverage.
For more, check out:
- BurgerFi's Latest Item May Spark a New Round of Burger Wars
- BurgerFi Has a New '90s-Themed Treat On the Menu
- This American Burger Chain Will Open 700 Locations
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Popular Brunch Orders That Make Chefs Roll Their Eyes
- – Wendy's Is Now the Most Expensive Fast Food Restaurant in the U.S., New Data Says
- – Wawa Is Finally Opening Its First Locations In a Handful of States
- – 11 Signs a New Restaurant Is Worth Trying, According to Experts
- – Looking for the Cheapest Fast-Food Near You? There's Finally a Database to Help
- – This Is the One Chicken Wing Chain That Chefs Actually Rave About
- – 8 Secrets You Should Know About Olive Garden
- – Top 5 Restaurant Chains With The Most Loyal Customers