Chipotle is Launching New Chicken For the First Time in History
For the first time in its 29-year history, Chipotle has released a chicken innovation.
Now available at all restaurants in the U.S. and Canada for a limited time, the new Pollo Asado features bites of hand-chopped grilled chicken that have been tossed in a spice blend and coated in a marinade, fresh-squeezed lime juice, and cilantro. Sounds juicy!
For more fast-food news, don't forget to check out the 8 Fast-Food Burgers to Stay Away From Right Now.
Until today, Chipotle's only chicken offering was its classic Chicken Adobo—the chain's top-selling protein option. As part of a larger menu strategy to bring in more customers, the fast-casual Mexican chain began testing the Pollo Asado back in November at select locations in Sacramento, Calif. and Cincinnati, Ohio.
According to the company, "Customer feedback and sales from the Pollo Asado test were on par with the test market results of Smoked Brisket, Chipotle's bestselling menu innovation in the company's recent history." This is a notable achievement for Chipotle, as the brisket was so popular that the chain ran out of it earlier than expected.
Although it's unclear how long the Pollo Asado will stay on the menu, Chipotle will be waiving delivery fees on all orders of it placed on the Chipotle app and website from March 14 through March 20. To qualify, customers must order at least one entrée with Pollo Asado and spend a minimum of $10, excluding taxes and fees.
The launch of the Pollo Asado comes shortly after Chipotle's rollout of its long-awaited plant-based vegan chorizo—the chain's first meatless protein option since the addition of its tofu-based sofritas in 2014. Other recent limited-time menu items include the new diet-driven Lifestyle Bowls—the Whole30 Salad Bowl, the Vegetarian Bowl, and the Vegan Bowl.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Classic Orders You Have To Try at a Steakhouse, According to Chefs
- – The Unhealthiest Ice Creams at Every Major Chain
- – 9 Secrets About Shake Shack That Might Surprise You
- – This Gourmet Burger Chain Is Ramping Up Its Value Deals
- – Select McDonald's Locations Are Bringing Back This Beloved Breakfast Item
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Walks Back Major Expansion Plans
- – The Unhealthiest Restaurant Meals You Should Never Order
- – This Popular Fast Casual Will Lay Off 5% of Its Workforce Due To Slowing Sales