There's nothing quite like the taste of cold lemonade on a hot summer day.
Now, Coca-Cola and Molson Coors Beverage Company have teamed up together to bring a new twist to your favorite summer drink.
Available in stores nationwide today, June 6, is a new line of spiked lemonades: Simply Spiked.
It is a mix of alcohol and the popular Simply Lemonade and comes in four flavors: original, strawberry, blueberry, and watermelon. Each will be available in a four-flavor variety pack with slim cans. Standalone cans of select flavors will also be available.
Company executives said this is one of the most-anticipated beverages coming from the brands, as the Simply beverage line alone is well-known for its fresh fruit taste. Mixing it with alcohol to sell in stores was clearly a good call! The beverage contains 5% fruit juice in each can.
"We knew people would be excited once they found out about Simply Spiked Lemonade. We didn't expect the unprecedented level of consumer hype, which we've never seen for a product announcement before," says Joy Ghosh, vice president of above premium beer and flavored alcohol beverages at Molson Coors Beverage Company. "From all the tweets, memes, and off-the-charts social excitement, people are pumped to try this product."
In an agreement with Coca-Cola, Molson Coors Beverage Company produces and distributes the new drink. Simply is the company's second-largest U.S. brand in terms of net revenue after Coca-Cola. It is "found in one in every two American households," according to Coca-Cola.
The launch of this drink marks the latest collaboration between Molson Coors and Coca-Cola. They previously worked together on the launch of Topo Chico Hard Seltzer in 2021 and the expansion into a ranch water and margarita hard seltzer earlier this year.
Want more beverage news? Check out Coca-Cola Is Completely Changing This Beloved Soda.
More content from Drink This, Not That!
- – The #1 Best Drink To Keep Your Brain Young, New Study Suggests
- – Surprising Effects of Drinking Cranberry Juice, Says Science
- – 5 Worst Beer Habits for Weight Loss, Say Dietitians
- – 4 Worst Drinks Slowing Your Metabolism, Say Dietitians
- – The #1 Worst Drink Increasing Your Risk of Parkinson's Disease, New Study Finds
- – The Worst Drinking Habit for Fatal Liver Disease, New Study Finds
- – The 4 Worst Alcoholic Beverages for Blood Sugar
- – Surprising Side Effects Alcohol Has on Your Gut