Costco Just Brought Back Another Fan-Favorite Bakery Item
Though flowers and trees are about to be in full bloom, right now it's bakery season at the warehouse. That's right: Another pastry just made its comeback at Costco—the Raspberry Crumble Cookies!
Like the Cinnamon-Pull-Apart rolls, the Raspberry Crumble Cookies are back again at the warehouse after a brief hiatus since last fall. Instagrammer @costcobuys recently spotted the treats in the bakery, and fans are understandingly excited for what one called "grown-up Poptarts"—especially since a pack of 12 is just $8.99. (Related: Grocery Shortages To Expect in 2021, According to Experts)
These shortbread cookies have a light layer of raspberry jam inside, and they're topped with powdered sugar. @Costcobuys suggests freezing them before putting them in your oven at 275 degrees for about 15 minutes—and fans in the comments agree that's a great way to enjoy this treat.
Others simply can't wait that long. "I don't even freeze them…we eat them all up within a few days," one says.
Another commenter claims her husband ate six in one day, but we certainly don't recommend eating half the package in that timeframe. Though a fruity-flavored treat, one cookie has 320 calories, 17 grams of fat, 40 grams of carbs, and 21 grams of sugar, according to Mashed. All of that sugar can lead to some pretty risky side effects.
Since this is the second beloved bakery treat to return to Costco as of late, we're left wondering if the carrot cake will be next . . . In the meantime, here's the bakery deal at the warehouse that everyone's talking about right now.
To get all of the latest Costco and other grocery store news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – 50 Bottled Drinks to Always Leave on Grocery Store Shelves
- – 6 Most Popular Summer Snacks At Costco Right Now
- – We Tasted 10 Vanilla Ice Creams & This Is the Best One!
- – These 6 Costco Items Have Gone Up In Price Recently
- – People Are Price Gouging Baby Formula Amid Shortage
- – 25 Worst Cereals to Stay Away From Right Now
- – 4 Things Coming to the Grocery Store This Summer
- – America's Largest Meat Companies Lied About These Product Shortages, Alleges New Investigation