Costco Is Recalling This Frozen Item Because It May Contain Plastic
Costco recently announced several recalls to know about before your next trip to the warehouse. The recalled products include beans, butter, sweet treats, and even vitamins. Now, one more savory item has been added to the list because it may contain plastic.
The Don Lee Green Chili Shredded Chicken & Rice Cauliflower Bowls that are being recalled come in packages of four. The microwavable meals contain chicken, riced cauliflower, cheddar cheese, green chili peppers, onions, garlic, and lime juice.
"Our supplier, Pacific Meridian Group, is recalling their green chili (used as an ingredient in this item) due to the potential presence of plastic," Don Lee Farms says in the recall announcement sent to Costco members who purchased the product between May 22 and June 15, 2021.
The recall does not mention how the error was discovered, or if any injuries or illnesses have been reported to either Costco or the Don Lee Farms company.
The items included in this recall have one of the following "best if used by" dates printed on the bottom of the package:
- BEST IF USED BY: 05/11/2022
- BEST IF USED BY: 05/12/2022
- BEST IF USED BY: 05/13/2022
- BEST IF USED BY: 05/19/2022
- BEST IF USED BY: 06/01/2022
"If you have one of the identified date codes in your freezer, please return it to Costco for a full refund," the notice says. "We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."
There are a few more items that you also shouldn't add to your shopping cart at Costco, including the #1 Unhealthiest Order at Costco's Food Court, According to a Dietitian and The #1 Worst Costco Bakery Item, According to a Dietitian.
To get all of the latest Costco news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – Trader Joe's Ranks Highest for "Brand Intimacy," New Study Says—But What is That?
- – Enoki Mushroom Is the Most Recalled Food Of the Year
- – 34 Items Costco Is Discontinuing This Winter
- – 4 Biggest Complaints Costco Customers Are Voicing Right Now
- – Costco Shoppers Are Going Crazy for This Frozen Pizza
- – Costco Just Brought Back Its Wagyu Beef—and Shoppers Have Mixed Feelings
- – Hummus Giant Sabra Halted Production To Get Back on Track After Frequent Food Safety Issues
- – The Best & Worst Cream Cheese on Shelves—Ranked!