If You Bought This Fish From Costco, Throw It Out Now
If you're a frequent Costco shopper, you could have purchased a product listed in a new recall. The Trident Seafoods Pacific Salmon Burger is being recalled because it may contain small pieces of metal, according to a notice on the FDA's website.
Trident says it's not aware of the source of the small metal pieces yet and there have been no illnesses related to the salmon burgers to date, but that consumption of the product poses a choking hazard or another physical injury. Anyone with the salmon burgers in their kitchen should "discontinue use and return it to their local Costco for a full refund," Trident says.
The salmon burgers come in a blue and orange box of 12 that weighs 3lbs. They have a lot number of GC101431 and a "Best by" date of 01/14/2023.
"Trident Seafoods takes food safety very seriously and is investigating this situation thoroughly," the company says in the recall announcement, noting that anyone who is concerned "about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider."
The Costco salmon burger recall isn't the only one issued lately. Bags of frozen bell peppers and onions are being recalled because they could contain small pieces of blue plastic. And while no official cause has been determined, one person has had a confirmed case of norovirus and two dozen more were ill after eating at one location of this popular fast-food sandwich shop.
To get all the latest Costco news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – Walmart Is Making Several Major Changes That Will Impact Your Holiday Shopping
- – Trader Joe's Will Not Bring Back These Two Customer Perks As Food Samples Return
- – 10 Costco Finds Customers Are Currently Raving About
- – 4 Beloved Costco Food Court Favorites That Are Now Overrated, Say Members
- – 7 Bacon Brands That Use the Highest Quality Ingredients
- – 5 Worst Salad Dressings for Blood Sugar
- – Major Grocery Chains Are Pulling 24 Cheese Brands From Shelves Due to a Listeria Outbreak
- – What Is the Costco Death Star? And Why You Should Know About It