Dolly Parton Loves Taco Bell—Here's What She Always Orders
Country music megastar Dolly Parton has never been shy about her down-to-earth food preferences. Over the years, the singer and songwriter has spoken about taking snacks like potted meat or Vienna sausage with her when traveling overseas (along with a bottle of Tabasco, of course) and the fact that she loves a simple fast-food joint for date-night outings with her husband of 55 years, Carl Dean.
"Oh, I love to get a good burger out on the highway and french fries like everybody else," the 76-year-old told Business Insider last week. "And we go get hot doughnuts now and then. We love to just get out in that little camper of ours and drive through restaurants."
For more fast-food news, check out 8 Worst Fast-Food Burgers to Stay Away From Right Now.
One of Parton's favorite fast-food chains to frequent is Taco Bell. And just like the rest of us, she has her favorite go-to order at the nation's favorite Tex-Mex chain.
"I like soft-shell tacos," she told Insider. "I like the others, but they fall apart so bad, especially if you're riding around. So I always get a Taco Supreme, with the sour cream and all that, in the soft shell. I love that."
She says she likes to add rice and beans as a side to her order. When it comes to the hot sauce, she prefers sticking with the mild version: "I don't like to get it too hot and ruin everything."
Parton revealed years ago that she's also a big fan of the now-defunct Mexican Pizza. And she agrees with hordes of Taco Bell fans who want the beloved pizza to be brought back to the menu.
Mexican Pizza's absence aside, one thing that can truly get Parton upset at the Taco Bell drive-thru is when they mess up her order. "Sometimes I sign autographs on napkins. I don't mind any of that, but I really get mad if they mess up my order," she told Andy Cohen on an episode of SiriusXM Town Hall in 2016.
More content from Restaurants
- – This Popular Fast Casual Will Lay Off 5% of Its Workforce Due To Slowing Sales
- – The World's Largest Pizza Chain is Closing All Locations in This Country
- – McDonald's Will Be Offering Major Savings On These Items Next Week
- – 7 Worst Fast-Food Sandwiches to Stay Away From Right Now
- – 5 Fast-Food Chains With the Best Salad Options Right Now
- – 7 Secrets About Burger King That'll Blow Your Mind
- – 9 Controversial Ads Fast-Food Chains Wish We'd Forget
- – This Struggling Burger Chain Is Going Seatless To Jumpstart Growth