Dunkin' Is Quietly Discontinuing This Huge Menu Item
Rumors are swirling that Dunkin' may be permanently discontinuing one of its biggest fan-favorite menu items, one they made a huge marketing investment in several years ago. According to experts cited by Business Insider, the chain has removed a beloved plant-based sandwich from its in-store menus. The item is also no longer listed on the online menu.
The Beyond Breakfast Sandwich was previously available in over 9,000 Dunkin' locations nationwide. The chain claims it has not discontinued the sandwich, and that the company continues to work with Beyond Meat, the supplier of its plant-based sausage patty. However, Dunkin' confirmed the sandwich is now unavailable in many parts of the country.
"We maintain a strong relationship with Beyond Meat and will continue to work together to explore innovative plant-based options to meet consumer demand for plant-based menu items," the chain told Eat This, Not That! "The Beyond Sausage Breakfast Sandwich continues to be available at several hundred Dunkin' restaurants throughout the country including in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska, Hawaii, Utah, Kansas, and Wyoming."
Dunkin' was one of the first national chains to hop aboard the plant-based trend and strike a partnership with Beyond Meat. The chain rolled out the Beyond Breakfast Sandwich, which consists of an English muffin, eggs, American cheese, and the Beyond sausage patty, in 2019, and heavily promoted the partnership, even enlisting rapper Snoop Dogg to promote the item. In the early phases of product testing in New York City, the chain quickly became the second most popular sandwich on Dunkin's menu.
However, it looks like Dunkin' may have different plans for its plant-based lineup, and customers can likely expect a new Beyond-branded product on the chain's menu to soon take the sandwich's place.
For more, check out:
- This New Plant-Based Chain Claims to Be the Next McDonald's
- Dunkin' Just Released These Brand-New Grocery Store Items
- 4 New Menu Items Dunkin' Is Releasing This Summer
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 4 Once-Popular Sandwich Chains Customers Have Soured On
- – 8 Secrets Outback Steakhouse Doesn't Want You to Know
- – 9 Fast-Food Breakfasts To Stay Away From Right Now
- – This Popular Pizza Chain Is Launching Its First-Ever Burger
- – 12 Worst Steakhouse Sides to Stay Away From Right Now
- – America's Favorite Pasta Chain Is Bringing Back This Iconic Deal
- – This New Texas Roadhouse Product Sold Out in Minutes—Here's How to Get It
- – This Sandwich Chain Has Gone From Struggling To Growing With 19 New Locations