Drinks From 4 Popular Brands Sold at Costco and Walmart Are Being Recalled
The third-largest food and beverage company in North America announced a voluntary recall of powdered drink products sold under four beloved brand names in the U.S. and Canada because they could contain "very small pieces" of glass or metal.
All four of these beverage brands are popular with kids, so they may be present in your family's pantry. That's why you should know that Kraft Heinz is recalling select Arizona Tea, Country Time Lemonade, and Tang powdered beverages, as well as certain Kool-Aid powdered beverage products. (Related: The 100 Unhealthiest Foods On the Planet)
According the manufacturer, the recall was initiated "due to the potential presence of foreign material, specifically very small pieces of metal or glass, that may have been introduced during production." An internal review at a manufacturing facility reportedly uncovered the problem.
Earlier this month, Costco posted a recall announcement on its website regarding Kool-Aid Tropical Punch Mix sold in its warehouses. Now, we're learning of additional impacted items sold at other top supermarkets like Walmart and select Sam's Club stores.
Products being recalled in the U.S. have "Best When Used By" dates between May 10, 2023 and Nov. 1, 2023. You can find the complete list of items, which includes more than 40 entries, by clicking this link. Meanwhile, you can access a directory of the Sam's Club and Walmart stoles that sold the powdered beverages here.
Related: To get all of the latest Costco and Walmart news delivered straight to your email inbox every day, don't forget to sign up for our newsletter!
Don't sip any of these drinks if you discover one of these powders lingering in your pantry. Throw recalled products away immediately, or return them to your point of purchase.
Unfortunately, this isn't the only food safety recall that you need to know about right now. Check your pantry ASAP to make sure that none of these additional 5 recalled grocery items are in your home before guests come over for the Thanksgiving holidays.
For more on what's happening at your neighborhood Costco store, check out:
- Costco Is Opening up New Warehouses in These Areas
- Costco Could Bring Back These 4 Holiday Bakery Items Soon
- Costco Just Put These 6 Grocery Items on Sale for the Holidays
- Costco Members Have Recently Spotted Mold on These Two Items
More content from Groceries
- – Costco Is Expanding Its Bakery Selection Right Now
- – 4 Dairy Companies With the Worst Food Quality Practices
- – The Best Costco Backyard BBQ Basics Right Now
- – Costco, Walmart, and Other Stores Just Pulled More of This Peanut Butter From Shelves
- – 7 Bizarre Rules Budweiser Employees Have to Follow
- – This Popular Peanut Butter Is Being Recalled Across The U.S.
- – We Tasted 10 Popular Light Beers & This Is the Best
- – 4 Nostalgic Grocery Store Favorites Coming Back Soon