McDonald's Is Offering This New Breakfast Sandwich
McDonald's has a new, limited-time chicken sandwich on the menu. But this one falls into the breakfast category.
The chain confirmed to Eat This, Not That! that it is currently serving two new Crispy Chicken Breakfast sandwiches, made with all-white meat chicken fillet, fried, and served on a choice of a buttery biscuit or freshly toasted English muffin. However, these items are only available at select locations in several states, one of which is Ohio. According to a local report, all Cincinnati locations are currently serving it.
The special offering will be available until April 4.
The fast-food giant has debuted chicken breakfast items before, like the McChicken Biscuit, Chicken McGriddle, and recently, the Crispy Chicken Breakfast Sandwich with bacon.
And don't miss 15 Rarest McDonald's Menu Items In America.
While not the top contender in the Chicken Sandwich Wars that started in 2019, McDonald's has always embraced the popularity of chicken. Most recently, it released three new Crispy Chicken Sandwiches, which are similar to the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich and Buttermilk Chicken Sandwich that were discontinued years ago.
Sure, the original McChicken remains a menu staple, but these new adaptations opted for a "filet" of meat, rather than the patty style of the original. Critics have cited the "spongy" texture of the McChicken patty as the reason why the sandwich was a poor contender against Popeyes and Chick-fil-A.
According to a local news report, the new Crispy Chicken Breakfast Sandwich will only be available for a short time but may return again in February or March of next year.
Editor's Note: This article was updated on March 24 to correct several inaccuracies regarding the name of the new sandwich and the scope of its availability.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Classic Orders You Have To Try at a Steakhouse, According to Chefs
- – The Unhealthiest Ice Creams at Every Major Chain
- – 9 Secrets About Shake Shack That Might Surprise You
- – This Gourmet Burger Chain Is Ramping Up Its Value Deals
- – Select McDonald's Locations Are Bringing Back This Beloved Breakfast Item
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Walks Back Major Expansion Plans
- – The Unhealthiest Restaurant Meals You Should Never Order
- – This Popular Fast Casual Will Lay Off 5% of Its Workforce Due To Slowing Sales