There's Already A Shortage of This Brand-New Girl Scout Cookie
Both the Cookie Finder app and a handy "Find Cookies!" search box on the Girl Scout's website help make it easier to get your hands on one of the most iconic sweets of all time. All you have to do is put in your zip code, and cookies like Do-si-dos, Tagalongs, Thin Mints, and Samoas appear. However, even though there are contact-free ways to order, the pandemic is still complicating the process.
Though Girl Scout Cookie season is here, Adventurefuls might not be available in certain areas. The newest addition to the line-up is a brownie-inspired cookie with caramel crème and a hint of sea salt.
One product program team recently sent out a note to troop leaders saying that supply chain woes were causing a shortage of Adventurefuls, according to The Washington Post. The impacted region includes chapters in Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
"Due to extremely high demand and unprecedented COVID-related labor shortages in the facility where Adventurefuls are produced, our Adventureful cookie order will be capped at 7% of our total cookie sales," the message reportedly said. It went on to explain that boxes ordered from individual scouts would be fulfilled, while orders from booths would not.
The national organization told the newspaper that it had "fixed the issue" by sourcing additional cookies from one of its two bakers. However, the shipments won't be ready to go in time for booth-sale season. Thus, the Washington-area chapter is moving forward without them.
The good news? Anyone who can't get their hands on a box in person can still order Adventurefuls online. Eat This, Not That! has reached out to the organization for more details.
More content from Groceries
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again
- – Costco and Walmart Shoppers Are Noticing This Big Problem in Parking Lots
- – 5 Freezer Aisle Brands to Stay Away From Right Now
- – Costco Just Brought Back This Beloved Mini Bakery Item
- – The Price of This Costco Deli Item Has Gotten Out of Hand, Members Say
- – Skittles, Starburst, and Life Savers Are Being Pulled From Grocery Store Shelves Right Now