Pizza Hut Is Releasing This Popular New Pizza Nationwide
Pizza Hut is hopping aboard a new pizza trend that's sweeping the nation. The chain just announced the launch of a new Detroit-style pie, and this pizza is different from all of the other items on its menu.
The cheese stretches all the way to the edges of this thick, rectangular-shaped pie which yields the caramelized and crispy crust that's made a name for Detroit-style pizzas. The sauce also comes on top of the pie, and it's layered over the cheese and additional toppings. This keeps the crust as airy and soft as possible without bogging it down with sauce—a characteristic which Detroit-style pie draws from its Sicilian roots. (Related: McDonald's Is Making These 8 Major Upgrades.)
Pizza Hut spent a full year developing the new pizza, which went through more than 500 iterations before landing on the current crispy perfection that's being added to the chain's menu. The Hut also developed a whole new vine-ripened tomato sauce for this pie, which also went through eight different phases.
"Countless hours were spent testing and perfecting every detail here to create our take on Detroit-Style pizza," David Graves, Pizza Hut's chief brand officer, in a press release. "The caramelized cheese crust and the sauce on top take the taste of this pizza to the next level."
There are four Pizza Hut Detroit-style pizzas to choose from, the most notable of which is the Double Pepperoni—it holds a whopping 80 slices of pepperoni! All four are now available at nationwide locations, starting at $10.99 a pie.
Pizza Hut's latest pizza will give Domino's and Papa John's a run for their money, as the pandemic pizza wars continue to rage. For more on where the competition currently stands, check out This Will Be the #1 Pizza Chain in 2021, Experts Say. And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 9 Secrets You Should Know About LongHorn Steakhouse
- – 10 Best Chain Restaurant Deals and Freebies You Can Score On Black Friday
- – 8 Fast-Food Chains That Use the Highest Quality Meat
- – 11 Restaurant Chains Open on Thanksgiving Day
- – McDonald's Latest Dessert Partner Plans to Shutter 14 More Locations in 2023
- – 8 Cheapest Cheeseburger and Fry Combos at Popular Fast-Food Chains
- – 6 Best Fast-Food French Fries, According to Chefs
- – 5 Thanksgiving Restaurant Deals That Could Be Cheaper Than Cooking at Home