Popeyes Brought Back This Popular Menu Item That Vanished 9 Years Ago
Likely inspired by the success of its mega popular chicken sandwich, Popeyes is quietly rolling out another chicken item at select locations. The chain has allegedly brought back chicken nuggets, which were cut from nationwide menus back in 2012.
According to Chew Boom, the new nuggets have recently been spotted at select locations around the country, including Popeyes restaurants in Arkansas, Connecticut, Ohio, and Texas. They look a lot like the chicken patty from the chain's famous Classic Chicken Sandwich—made with white meat and coated with a chunky, crispy buttermilk breading. They're available in 8, 12, 24, 36 and 48-piece options, and prices vary by location. (Related: McDonald's Is Making These 8 Major Upgrades.)
The chain already offers chicken tenders that undergo a similar breading treatment, but the nuggets are smaller pieces of white chicken with a greater crunch factor. These babies have not been on the Popeyes menu for almost a decade, although the chain did test out a similar bite-sized concept with a limited release of popcorn chicken in 2017.
The company hasn't announced the new addition to the menu, which means they may be testing out the nuggets in some markets before committing to a national rollout. For more about the most popular nuggets around, check out McDonald's Is Bringing Back Two Sold-Out Items in February, and to find out where Popeyes ranks in the Chicken Sandwich Wars, check out We Tried 6 Fast-Food Chicken Sandwiches & This Was the Best.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – Burger King Unveils a New Tagline and Jingle
- – 8 Restaurant Chains That Are Currently Shrinking
- – Taco Bell and Pete Davidson Would Like to Apologize for Your Breakfast
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Has Gotten Much Worse at the Drive-Thru, New Study Shows
- – This Fast-Food Burger Sold Out In Two Hours Last Year—and Now It's Coming Back
- – The #1 Order to Never Make at Texas Roadhouse, Dietitian Says
- – These Fast-Food Chains Were Just Voted Top Food Destinations for Travelers
- – 9 Secrets Krispy Kreme Doesn't Want You to Know