Popeyes Just Signed a Deal To Open Its First Locations Here
Popeyes is taking Europe by storm. After its recent expansion into the United Kingdom, where it opened its first restaurant in East London in November, the beloved Miami-based chicken chain is setting up shop in another European country: France.
The French will get to enjoy Popeyes' delicacies like the famed chicken sandwich, chicken nuggets, and biscuits as soon as next year. The company is partnering with one of France's largest restaurant groups, Napaqaro, which will serve as the master franchisor in the country. The development deal also includes the small neighboring country Monaco and will add hundreds of restaurants in these territories in the coming years.
"We're delighted to announce this landmark agreement for Popeyes and can't wait to introduce our iconic chicken to France, one of the largest QSR markets in the world," said David Shear, president of Popeyes' parent company RBI International. "This is another significant step in Popeyes' European journey and follows successful entries into Spain and most recently the UK. Today's announcement demonstrates our ability to partner with leading institutional investors who have backed best-in-class local operators."
Popeyes currently operates 3,600 restaurants in over 25 countries, including other European markets in Spain, Switzerland, and Turkey. Earlier this year the chain announced it will also be expanding in Romania, Saudi Arabia, India, and Mexico.
Popeyes' French partner already operates several chains in the country, including casual dining brands like Buffalo Grill and Courtepaille, as well as dark kitchens and digital activities like Bun Meat Bun.
"We are extremely proud to partner with Restaurant Brands International, one of the world's largest quick-service restaurant companies, to introduce Popeyes in France. This new partnership confirms Napaqaro's ambition to build the future of the restaurant industry in France, offering a unique customer experience to our guests and families," says Jocelyn Olive, President and CEO of Napaqaro. "With 100% of our chickens born and raised in France, natural ingredients sourced locally, and proprietary family recipes, Popeyes in France will aspire to be at the forefront in leading [quick-service restaurant] towards utilizing sustainable and responsibly sourced ingredients wherever possible."
For more, check out:
- This Struggling Fast Casual Chain Is Making a Comeback After Several Closures
- 6 Secrets Popeyes Employees Don't Want You To Know
- Popeyes Is Getting Rid Of This Restaurant Feature For Good
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 4 Once-Popular Sandwich Chains Customers Have Soured On
- – 8 Secrets Outback Steakhouse Doesn't Want You to Know
- – 9 Fast-Food Breakfasts To Stay Away From Right Now
- – This Popular Pizza Chain Is Launching Its First-Ever Burger
- – 12 Worst Steakhouse Sides to Stay Away From Right Now
- – America's Favorite Pasta Chain Is Bringing Back This Iconic Deal
- – This New Texas Roadhouse Product Sold Out in Minutes—Here's How to Get It
- – This Sandwich Chain Has Gone From Struggling To Growing With 19 New Locations