Popeyes Just Cut These Two Classic Menu Items
Though Popeyes makes arguably the most beloved chicken sandwich in the country, its classic sides are also praised by its vast legion of fans. That's why the following may come as an unpleasant surprise to you: Two side dishes are being cut from the fast-food chain's menu.
Popeyes is discontinuing both its fan-favorite Cajun Rice and Green Beans, according to a scoop in The Takeout. Though the two sides are still listed on the chain's online menu, the company confirmed the news on Twitter a few days ago. (Related: McDonald's Is Making These 8 Major Upgrades.)
The remaining side dishes at Popeyes are: Biscuits, Coleslaw Cajun Fries, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, and Red Beans and Rice. But we're eager to see whether Popeyes replaces the two outgoing menu items with new and improved sides.
Popeyes' Cajun Rice and Green Beans join dozens of menu items which have recently been cut from fast-food menus across the country. For more, check out All the Menu Items Fast-Food Chains Stopped Selling. And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 9 Secrets You Should Know About LongHorn Steakhouse
- – 10 Best Chain Restaurant Deals and Freebies You Can Score On Black Friday
- – 8 Fast-Food Chains That Use the Highest Quality Meat
- – 11 Restaurant Chains Open on Thanksgiving Day
- – McDonald's Latest Dessert Partner Plans to Shutter 14 More Locations in 2023
- – 8 Cheapest Cheeseburger and Fry Combos at Popular Fast-Food Chains
- – 6 Best Fast-Food French Fries, According to Chefs
- – 5 Thanksgiving Restaurant Deals That Could Be Cheaper Than Cooking at Home