This Beloved Burger Chain Is Opening Its First Drive-Thru Next Week
From perfecting their namesake shakes to concocting a mouthwatering plant-based option way before it was widely popular, Shake Shack seems to be a sleek, timeless power player in the fast-food space. And next week, the chain is about to unveil yet another innovation that's sure to skyrocket its already strong popularity among customers: its first-ever drive-thru.
We expect the Shake Shack version of a drive-thru to be nothing short of stellar. And from the details the brand has released so far, it sounds like it will be. It will feature a two-lane ordering system, a separate pickup window, and perhaps most importantly, an entirely separate kitchen for drive-thru orders, which will increase its efficiency significantly.
Of course, it will also have all of the traditional features of a well-oiled fast-food operation, like digital menu boards and employees taking orders and payments at multiple points in the drive-thru line.
The chain's first drive-thru will open at 11 a.m. next Monday, December 6, in Maple Grove, Minn. And according to QSR Magazine, it won't be the only drive-thru Shake Shack is operating for long. The company announced plans to open 9 more by the end of 2022.
"We've been envisioning drive-thru for some time now and have been working diligently to make the experience uniquely Shake Shack," CEO Randy Garutti in a statement. "We'll be learning a lot from this location, and will continue to optimize and adapt as we roll out more of these formats next year."
This is not the first time the Shack has offered a new-and-improved ordering method this year. Back in May, the chain rolled out delivery through the Shack App—a cheaper alternative to third-party delivery.
For more, check out:
- After Shrinking For the Last Two Years, This National Pizza Chain Is Planning a Major Expansion
- 6 Fast-Food Chains Disrupted By Major Operational Issues Right Now
- This Major Chicken Chain Is Turning Customers Away From the Drive-Thru
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 9 Secrets You Should Know About LongHorn Steakhouse
- – 10 Best Chain Restaurant Deals and Freebies You Can Score On Black Friday
- – 8 Fast-Food Chains That Use the Highest Quality Meat
- – 11 Restaurant Chains Open on Thanksgiving Day
- – McDonald's Latest Dessert Partner Plans to Shutter 14 More Locations in 2023
- – 8 Cheapest Cheeseburger and Fry Combos at Popular Fast-Food Chains
- – 6 Best Fast-Food French Fries, According to Chefs
- – 5 Thanksgiving Restaurant Deals That Could Be Cheaper Than Cooking at Home