Walmart Is Pulling 13 Baked Goods From Its Shelves in All 50 States
If you recently bought any packaged baked goods at the grocery store, you might want to check your snack cabinet.
In late June, Enjoy Life Natural Brands, an allergy-friendly food company, issued a voluntary recall that applies to a select list of baked snack products, due to the "potential presence of hard plastic pieces." The items were sold online and in-store in the U.S. and Canada at Kroger, Wegmans, and other grocery stores. Additionally, more than 4,440 Walmart stores across all 50 states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico carried the affected snacks.
The recalled products include various soft baked cookies, soft baked fruit and oat breakfast ovals, chewy bars, and brownie bites. Their "Best By" dates were between 9/24/2022 and 3/13/2023. See here for the list of recalled items and here for the full list of Walmart stores that sold the baked goods.
According to a company statement, Enjoy Life Natural Brands initiated the recall "as a result of internal quality assurance surveillance."
Although there have been no reports of injury or illness, consumers who still have these items should throw them away or save the packaging and contact the company at 1-855-543-5335 to receive additional information about the recall and how to receive a refund. Consumer Relations Specialists will be available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.
Unfortunately, these packaged baked goods aren't the only items that have been pulled from grocery store shelves recently. Last week, the FDA announced that A&M Farms recalled its whole Vidalia onions, due to the possibility of listeria contamination. The onions were sold at multiple Wegmans and Publix stores.
More content from Groceries
- – Coca-Cola's Newest Soda Just Launched But The Flavor Remains A Mystery
- – Over 13,000 Pounds of This Popular Frozen Pizza Is Being Recalled Because of a Serious Contamination
- – 5 Non-Dairy Milks To Leave on Grocery Store Shelves Right Now
- – The 6 Worst Frozen Dinners To Stay Away From Right Now
- – Trader Joe's Abruptly Closes This Extremely Popular Store
- – Costco Bakery Has Just Brought Back This Beloved Fall Item
- – 5 Popsicle Brands To Stay Away From Right Now
- – These Kroger Locations Will Soon Offer Gambling