Easy Paleo Fruit Smoothie Recipe
This two-layer paleo fruit smoothie is almost too pretty to drink. By basically making two distinct recipes—a vibrant yellow smoothie featuring peaches and turmeric, and a pink smoothie with beets and cherries—you get two distinct, delicious layers, as well as an Instagram-worthy healthy breakfast.
Start out with the yellow layer: frozen peach and banana for thickness; turmeric for a bit of earthy, floral flavor, and a pop of color. Pour half the yellow smoothie into a glass and pop it in the freezer while you work on the pink layer. Blend frozen cherries and raw beets into a sweet, dark pink smoothie. Pour the magenta smoothie over the yellow one, then pop it back into the freezer. Repeat pouring and freezing once more, then use a straw or a spoon to swirl the smoothie to look like a lava lamp or sand art. And don't forget to take a pic of it for brag-worthy smoothie skills.
When it comes to spices, I like to make sure my pantry selection is still within their best-by deadline, and that they come from a high-quality purveyor. This will ensure that your spices have the healing and wellness properties they are lauded for. For turmeric, I like using Diaspora Co.'s single-origin one—it's ethically grown and sourced, and has a really great fresh flavor.
Makes 1 serving
FOR THE PEACH SMOOTHIE
¼ cup frozen yellow peach slices
¼ frozen banana, sliced, or 2 florets frozen cauliflower
½ tsp turmeric
½ cup almond milk
½ medjool date
FOR THE CHERRY SMOOTHIE
¼ cup frozen cherries
¼ cup peeled and grated raw beets
¼ cup almond milk
½ medjool date
2 ice cubes
How to Make It
1. In a blender, combine peaches, banana, turmeric, almond milk, and date in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer.
2. Rinse out blender (no need to wash), then combine cherries, beets, almond milk, date, and ice in the blender and puree until smooth.
Pour half the peach smoothie into a tall (freezer-safe) glass. Place in freezer for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Pour in half the cherry smoothie over the peach, then return to freezer for 5 to 10 minutes. Repeat with both smoothies, swirling with a spoon or straw until the desired ombre-swirl effect is achieved.
More content from Recipes
- – 27 Creative Ricotta Cheese Recipes (That Aren't Lasagna)
- – 10 Old-Fashioned Dips Made With Healthier Ingredients
- – 10 Healthier Copycat Recipes for Nostalgic Childhood Treats
- – Video Shows Courteney Cox Making the "Greatest Steak of All Time" With Some Unexpected Ingredients
- – 16 Quick & Healthy Soup Recipes That Could Help You Lose Weight
- – 13 Best Chicken Sausage Recipes for Weight Loss
- – 15 Best Old-Fashioned Recipes to Bring Back for Fall
- – 19 Show-Stopping Halloween Party Foods That Will Spook Your Guests