Quick and Easy Peaches and Kale Smoothie Bowl Recipe
You've heard of peaches and cream desserts. But what about "peaches and green?" OK, fine, that might not technically be a thing, but we're willing to make it one, thanks to this easy peaches and kale smoothie bowl recipe.
Thanks to a combination of frozen and fresh peaches (you can stick with all-frozen if peaches aren't in season where you live), this bowl is super sweet from start to finish. One cup of frozen peach slices is combined with almond milk, kale, and yogurt to make a creamy smoothie bowl base. And the addition of more peach slices is just the cherry on top—or the peach on top, to be more specific.
With 38 grams of sugar, this smoothie bowl is on the sweet side, so you might want to monitor your sugar intake for the rest of the day if you decide to have this for breakfast or as a snack. Still, the nutritional benefits of kale, as well as from the peaches, make this a still-healthy breakfast option. And with 11 grams of protein and seven grams of fiber, you'll stay full after eating this hearty bowl.
And while it's been a major player in the health scene for years, kale is still a superfood and a nutritional powerhouse. It contains lutein and zeaxanthin, which could help with eye health, as well as vitamin A, folate, and vitamin C. If you're looking to add more of the green to your diet without eating yet another kale salad, this sweet bowl is a great place to start.
Nutrition: 301 calories, 9 g fat (9 g saturated), 153 mg sodium, 7 g fiber, 38 g sugar, 11 g protein
Makes 1 serving
1 cup frozen peach slices
3/4 chopped kale with stems removed, divided
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp grated fresh ginger
4-5 fresh or frozen peach slices, thawed
2 Tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
How to Make It
- In a blender, combine frozen peach slices, 1/2 cup of the kale, the almond milk, yogurt, lemon juice, honey, and ginger. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl. Top with fresh peach slices, remaining 1/4 cup kale, and the almonds.
More content from Recipes
- – 16 Ambitious Dessert Recipes That Are Easier to Make Than You Think
- – 15 Simple Ground Beef Recipes That Take 30 Minutes or Less
- – These Are the Top 10 Trending Recipes of 2022, According to Google
- – 11 Best Low-Calorie Smoothies for Weight Loss
- – 11 Best Ramen Recipes To Make This Winter
- – I Made Ross' Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich With the Moist-maker—& It's Too Much
- – 13 Delicious Ways to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
- – 7 Tips to Expertly Brine a Turkey, According to Chefs