Plant-Based Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothie with Adaptogens
Here's a chocolate smoothie recipe with benefits—health benefits, that is. Its power lies in a combination of arguably one of the most delicious plant-based chocolate beverages on the market, and a top-notch vegan protein powder fortified by functional mushrooms and adaptogens. We've also sneakily added cauliflower to this smoothie, for extra antioxidants and fiber.
A good protein powder can be hard to find, but we absolutely love the Four Sigmatic vegan superfood powder used in this recipe. It packs 18 grams of sustainably sourced, plant-based protein, 1000 milligrams of functional mushrooms (including reishi, chaga, and cordyceps), and 500 milligrams of adaptogens (ashwagandha, to name one).
Makes 1 smoothie
1/4 cup cauliflower rice, frozen
1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
1 scoop Four Sigmatic Superfood Protein
1/2 cup ice cubes
1 cup Pacific Foods Hazelnut Chocolate Plant-Based Beverage
How to Make It
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on low, then finish on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth.
More content from Recipes
- – 18 Dishes You Never Knew You Could Make in a Slow Cooker
- – 13 Cozy Breakfasts To Make This Fall
- – 13 Cozy Breakfast Recipes Perfect for Weight Loss This Fall
- – 10 Popular "Midwestern" Dishes That Aren't Actually From the Midwest
- – Copycat Healthy Blueberry "Pop-Tarts" Recipe
- – Wild Blueberry Walnut Smoothie
- – This Nifty Trick Will Make Perfect Pancakes Every Time
- – 21 Unexpected Slow Cooker Oatmeal Recipes