Rotisserie Chicken, Kale, and White Bean Salad
The easiest way to make sure you're eating a healthy dinner is to plan ahead. You can make meal prep even easier by buying a rotisserie chicken and using it in several different ways to create a nutritious plate.
This simple salad recipe from my cookbook, The Best Rotisserie Chicken Cookbook, is ready in a pinch, tastes great, and serves up a good amount of protein.
For the salad:
1/4 cup chopped raw walnuts
4 cups baby kale
1 1/2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
14- to 19-oz can reduced-sodium cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
For the lemon-herb vinaigrette:
1 tsp grated lemon zest
Juice of 3 lemons
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp light brown sugar
1 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
How to Make It
- Heat the walnuts in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until the walnuts are lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, brown sugar, parsley, salt, and pepper. While whisking continuously, slowly drizzle in the oil until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, chicken, beans, and walnuts. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to evenly coat.
More content from Recipes
- – 11 Best Ramen Recipes To Make This Winter
- – I Made Ross' Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich With the Moist-maker—& It's Too Much
- – 13 Delicious Ways to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
- – 7 Tips to Expertly Brine a Turkey, According to Chefs
- – 17 Classic Comfort Foods That Need To Make a Comeback
- – 7 Thanksgiving Side Dishes You Can Make in Your Air Fryer
- – 7 Holiday Desserts You Can Enjoy if You Have High Blood Sugar
- – 25 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)