An Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Looking for an easy family dinner to throw together for a quick meal? Well, this chicken fajitas recipe is it! Sheet pan dinners are the real MVPs for busy weeknights. They have the convenience of a dump-and-go like a slow cooker meal, but only take around 30 minutes to cook (instead of waiting four to eight hours for a meal!)
Sheet pan dinners tend to be my go-to when things get busy, especially in the wintertime. To be honest, having the oven on to cook something certainly heats up my tiny apartment, especially when it means having a warm meal to enjoy for dinner! If I'm not making this chicken fajitas recipe, I like to make my BBQ chicken sheet pan dinner instead.
If you would rather not wait 30 minutes to eat, you could always cook the fajita fixings in a skillet on the stove, which would take about 15 minutes. Using the same ingredients, cook the chicken on the skillet first on the stove with olive oil. Once the chicken is no longer pink on the outside, throw on the seasoning as well as the bell peppers and onion. Before serving, cut open a chicken strip and make sure it is completely cooked through (no longer pink on the inside). Serve on tortillas! If you want extra toppings, you could always grab a tub of sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt) and some taco sauce!
Or, you could always use the sheet pan to make this shrimp taco recipe! The shrimp will need to marinate first (which you could always do the night before), but will only take 5-10 minutes in the oven.
Here's what you need to make this chicken fajitas recipe using a sheet pan.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Makes 4 servings
1 pound chicken breast, sliced into thin pieces
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, mix together the fajita seasoning ingredients.
- On a sheet pan, add the chicken, bell pepper, and onion slices.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle on the mixed fajita seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve on warmed tortillas and with other desired toppings.
More content from Recipes
- – 16 Quick & Healthy Soup Recipes That Could Help You Lose Weight
- – 13 Best Chicken Sausage Recipes for Weight Loss
- – 19 Show-Stopping Halloween Party Foods That Will Spook Your Guests
- – 20 Quick & Easy Dinner Ideas Your Kids Will Love
- – 65 Tasty Fall Recipes That Make Weight Loss So Much Easier
- – 15 Foods That Just Taste Better in the South
- – 18 Dishes You Never Knew You Could Make in a Slow Cooker
- – 50 Healthy Dinner Recipes That Take 30 Minutes (or Less!)