This Popular Starbucks Drink Was Just Recalled in Several States
Six months after recalling more than 250,000 cases of its Double Shot Espresso drinks due to "inadequate sealing," Starbucks is pulling another beverage from grocery store shelves.
On September 9, Food Safety News reported that PepsiCo Inc.—the company that makes and distributes ready-to-drink Starbucks products—has recalled 221 cases of Starbucks' Vanilla Espresso Triple Shot drinks because they may be contaminated with metal fragments.
The recall applies to 15-ounce bottles of the beverage, which were packaged in cases of 12 bottles. The coffee drinks were sold in Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, Oklahoma, and Texas, but the stores that carried the products have not been specified.
While the UPC number and expiration date have also not been provided, the company urges consumers who still have these beverages to return them to their place of purchase. "Foodborne foreign objects that are hard and sharp are likely to cause serious injury or dental injury," the website's announcement reads.
This recall, which was first initiated on August 15, was posted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in an enforcement report on September 8. However, the agency has not issued a press release for the recall.
The Vanilla Espresso Triple Shot drinks aren't the only Starbucks products that have been removed from sale this summer. In June, the coffee giant issued a voluntary "stop sell" on its new Chicken, Maple Butter & Egg Sandwich because it didn't "meet quality standards." The sandwich was sold in Starbucks locations nationwide.
The decision to get rid of the new sandwich just five days after its launch followed several complaints from customers and employees who reported symptoms of food poisoning after eating it. However, the coffee chain issued a statement that said, "The quality issue that was identified by Starbucks would not lead to foodborne illness and any reports linking the stop sale to illness are inaccurate."
More content from Restaurants
- – These Struggling Pizza Chains Are on a Major Rebound
- – Best Starbucks Fall Drinks to Order Right Now (& Which to Skip)
- – 6 Fast-Food Orders To Avoid If You Have High Blood Sugar
- – Are PSLs Dying? I Wanted to Try 5, but Could Only Find These 3
- – 8 Chefs' Tips for Ordering the Best Meal at a Steakhouse
- – A Leaked Wendy's Memo Reveals the Next Big Menu Launch Scheduled for This Fall
- – 8 Fast-Food Sandwiches To Stay Away From Right Now, According to RDs
- – 8 Secrets Texas Roadhouse Employees Don't Want You to Know