Crunchy Thai Ginger Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing
Excerpted from Peanut Butter by Tim Lannan and James Annabel (Hardie Grant Books). Copyright © 2020. Photographs by Kate Berry.
This crunchy, refreshing slaw-like salad features one of the most addictive homemade salad dressings. The star ingredient? Crunchy peanut butter, with a bit of a zesty kick from rice vinegar and lime juice. Generally, peanuts have become a staple in many South-East Asian cuisines, including Malaysian and Thai food. Serve this as a side for your Satay skewers or just tuck in for a simple and delicious summer lunch.
Makes 2–3 servings
For the peanut butter dressing:
¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
3 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
Thinly sliced fresh ginger
1 tsp salt
For the salad:
4 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup grated carrot
1 cucumber, halved lengthways, seeds removed and thinly sliced
1 cup cooked shelled edamame
2 onions, thinly sliced
1 handful cilantro leaves, plus extra for garnish
Chopped peanuts, for garnish
How To Make It
- To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a food processor or blender.
- Combine all the salad ingredients, except the garnishes, in a salad bowl, pour over the dressing and mix well. Garnish with the chopped peanuts and extra cilantro to serve.
More content from Recipes
- – I Just Learned How To Make the World's Best Salad & It's a Game-Changer
- – 15 Quick & Healthy Potato Salad Recipes for Weight Loss
- – Giada de Laurentiis Just Shared the Perfect Spring Salad Recipe
- – Mediterranean Cauliflower and Pepper Salad
- – 35+ Best Healthy Meatball Recipes for Weight Loss
- – This Cranberry Pear Butter Deserves a Spot on Your Breakfast Table
- – 47 Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes You Need To Make
- – 19 Best Healthy Chicken Salad Recipes for Weight Loss