What Is the Best Tea for Weight Loss?
FAQ: What's the best Tea for Weight loss?
Researchers attribute the fat-burning properties of green tea to catechins, specifically EGCG — the name of a group of antioxidative compounds that blast adipose tissue by revving the metabolism, increasing the release of fat from fat cells (particularly in the belly), and then speeding up the liver's fat burning capacity. A recent study found by Polish researchers discovered the antioxidants also have the ability to limit the amount of starch (a form of carbohydrate) absorbed from a meal and improve sugar metabolism.
The best weight loss benefits come from unsweetened tea that's freshly brewed. An average teabag contains about 70 mg of EGCG; and it's worth noting that most studies citing significant health benefits come from high doses — 250-500 mg per day. So get your teapot ready!
Combining regular green-tea drinking with exercise may maximize the weight loss benefits, research suggests. In one study, participants who combined a daily habit of 4-5 cups of green tea with a 25-minute workout lost 2 more pounds than the non tea-drinking exercisers. And a second study found EGCG supplementation before and after a 30-minute cycling (366 mg total) could increase fat-burning by 17%.
There are a number of ways you can boost the fat-burning potential from your cuppa:
Try green tea with lemon.
And brew your tea this way for the best cup of green tea for weight loss.
More content from Weight Loss
- – How To Lose Face Fat: 3 Diet & Exercise Tips
- – The Best Exercises To Get Rid of Holiday Weight Fast, Expert Says
- – The #1 Workout To Get Rid of Your Holiday Gut, Fitness Expert Says
- – 3 Ridiculously Easy Rules To Keep the Holiday Weight Off
- – 6 Ways To Indulge and Still Avoid Weight Gain This Holiday Season
- – 5 Natural Ways To Burn Fat Everywhere, Expert Says
- – 5 Eating Habits for Weight Loss and Muscle Gain, Experts Say
- – The Best Times To Eat Meals for Rapid Weight Loss, Expert Says