Whole30 Chicken Zoodle Soup
Chicken noodle soup is the ultimate comfort food, especially during the cold weather months. We've made our special light version by swapping in zucchini noodles for regular noodles, which makes this recipe gluten-free, paleo, and Whole30-approved. Basically, the healthiest chicken noodle soup you could possibly have. Our other favorite thing about this soup is that it's made in an instant pot in just 25 minutes! So you can have a healthy, warming homemade soup in less time than it takes to get takeout.
Makes 4 servings
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
4 large carrots, peeled and sliced in thick rounds
2 cups chopped celery
6 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 cups zucchini noodles
How to Make It
- Set the instant pot to "sauté" and pour in the olive oil. Add the onion, carrots, and celery, and cook uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, chicken, thyme, salt, and pepper, then cancel the "sauté" function. Lock the top into place and seal the instant pot. Select the "manual, high pressure" function and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, allow the pressure to naturally release. Remove the lid and use two forks to shred the chicken.
- While hot, add the zucchini noodles, then serve.
RELATED: Easy, healthy, 350-calorie recipe ideas you can make at home.
More content from Recipes
- – 21 Healthy One-Pot Chicken Recipes for Busy Weeknights
- – 21 Best Healthy Baked Chicken Recipes for Weight Loss
- – 20 Old-Fashioned Chicken Recipes To Make Tonight
- – Healthy Lunch Recipes That Take 10 Minutes (or Less!)
- – 50 Forgotten Dinners That Deserve a Comeback
- – 20 Healthy Sheet Pan Chicken Recipes Perfect for Weight Loss
- – 30 Healthy Stuffed Chicken Recipes to Make Tonight
- – 21 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)