Air Fryer Baby Hasselback Potato Bites
Baby hasselback potatoes are an adorable snack or party food. With a lightly crispy exterior and plenty of surface area to catch sauces or seasoning, what more could you possibly ask for in a potato? Using an air fryer for this recipe will save you time on deep-frying and will have the potatoes crisp up without the use of a ton of oil.
To cut a hasselback potato perfectly, use wooden chopsticks or round handles of wooden spoons on each side of the potato as a knife-stopper to create same-depth cuts.
Turn this into a truly excellent side dish by stuffing sliced onions, mushrooms, or peppers between the potato layers.
1 lb baby gold potatoes
Fourth and Heart Ghee Spray or other high heat cooking spray
2 tsp minced garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley, chopped
Homemade aioli, for serving (optional)
How to Make It
- Cut each baby potato hasselback-style, cutting thin slices that stop 3/4 of the way through the potato.
- Spray with oil (including between the slices), toss with garlic.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F. Place the potatoes in the air fryer in a single layer, working in batches if needed. Fry them for about 18 to 20 minutes, until crisp on the outside and fork tender all the way through.
- Top with salt and pepper and minced parsley. Serve hot with homemade aioli (if using).
More content from Recipes
- – The Best Classic Recipes Your Grandma Used to Make
- – Sorghum Stuffed Peppers
- – 4 Healthy Snack Recipes to Manage Diabetes, According to a Dietitian
- – Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- – Orange Creamsicle Chia Pudding
- – Whipped Cottage Cheese With Berries and Pistachios
- – Vegetable Croquettes
- – 8 High-Protein Vegetarian Recipes to Make Tonight