You Won't Believe This About Arby's Takeout Bags
Takeout bags from fast-food chains aren't necessarily the most reliable. Paper bags are thin and can rip and collect grease — making them even more flimsy. Plus, they're easy to reach into to grab a bite or two on the way. This is a bad idea in the age of coronavirus since it can remain on surfaces for up to 24 hours — it's better to wipe the bag down and wait and take the food out to eat.
But one restaurant's beat out the rest. Arby's takeout bags (their slogan is we have the meats) apparently can handle a large amount of food.
One Tik Tok user, Austin Bennett (@culinarybb), posted a video showing the bottom of a bag. It reads, "25 lb. Mod Bag."
So he put it to the test with a 20-pound weight, and, well, just see for yourself:
@culinarybb@arbys why are your bags so strong♬ YOU TAKE THE MOON – renist0ny
The official Arby's Tik Tok account commented, "Because WE HAVE THE MEATS❗️❗️"
Consider that the confirmation that Arby's takeout bags beat out other restaurants'. With menu items like the Half Pound French Dip & Swiss, Triple Decker Club, Roast Turkey Ranch & Bacon, Buttermilk Chicken Bacon & Swiss, plus curly fries, loaded curly fries, onion rings, and more, a trip to Arby's requires a sturdy way to get it home.
There are other paper bags in the news, too.
Some grocery stores banned reusable bags because of COVID-19, forcing customers to choose between paper or plastic. Studies have shown reusable bags carry a plethora of germs and E. coli because they aren't cleaned properly. All you need to do is throw it in the washing machine or wipe it down with a disinfecting wipe or soap and water. Here are some other ways you could pick up unwanted germs when you're out getting food at restaurants or the grocery store.
More content from Restaurants
- – Taco Bell Just Revealed a Brand New Pizza-Like Item
- – This Major Dessert Chain Is Closing 10 Locations Amid Declining Profits
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Is Getting a New Look
- – McDonald's Has a Major New Sandwich In the Works
- – 7 Bizarre Rules McDonald's Employees Have to Follow
- – This Popular Boutique Burger Chain Just Released a Juicy Lucy Burger
- – The Country's Biggest Sandwich Chain Plans to Roll Out This Significant Kitchen Upgrade
- – This Popular Burger Chain Just Brought Back a Fan-Favorite Sandwich