BurgerFi Just Released This Mega-Popular Menu Item
The chicken sandwich's popularity has exploded in recent years with multiple varieties available at almost every fast-food chain. Now, there's another contender to add to the mix—and the creation is insanely hot!
BurgerFi's brand-new Spicy Fi'ed Chicken Sandwich features a fried chicken breast topped with ghost pepper honey, freshly sliced jalapeños, homemade jalapeño-infused pickle chips, and spicy mayo on a potato bun. The firey sandwich is now available at all 125 U.S. locations of the fast-food burger chain.
"The Spicy Fi'ed Chicken Sandwich is made with cage-free chicken that is American Humane Certified, sourced from family-owned Springer Mountain Farms and raised with no hormones and no antibiotics, ever," says the chain's chief culinary officer Paul Griffin, according to Restuarant Business Online. "We may be known for our burgers, but we believe our new Spicy Fi'ed Chicken Sandwich can go head-to-head with even the most popular spicy chicken sandwiches out there."
Griffin says the recipe for the sandwich took around a year to make. After getting the perfect cut of chicken, he switched up the pickle chips—and ultimately created a hit. The pickle chips spend two days soaking in jalapeño marinade, and then the entire sandwich is topped with spicy honey and spicy mayo.
But, before you indulge, it's important to know this newcomer's nutritional info: One sandwich has 492 calories, 14 grams of fat, 1,107 milligrams of sodium, 60 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 10 grams of sugar, and 31 grams of protein. How does the Spicy Fi'ed Chicken Sandwich from BurgerFi compare nutrition-wise against its competition? Here are The Best and Worst Fast-Food Chicken Sandwiches, According to a Dietitian.
More content from Restaurants
- – These Fast-Food Chains Were Just Voted Top Food Destinations for Travelers
- – 9 Secrets Krispy Kreme Doesn't Want You to Know
- – 25 Low-Calorie Restaurant Meals Under 500 Calories
- – The #1 Best Meal To Order at Arby's, Says Dietitian
- – 6 Once-Popular Burger Chains That Are Currently Shrinking
- – This Popular Restaurant Chain Temporarily Shuttered 40 Locations In the Past Week
- – Burger King Is Launching a Brand New Whopper That Will Make Your Eyes Water
- – 4 Once-Popular Sandwich Chains Customers Have Soured On