5 Celebs Who Hate Fast Food
These days, it seems like celebrities are always trying to convince us that their lives aren't so different from ours—even if they have money that most of us could only dream of. Accordingly, plenty of celebrities are happy to share their favorite fast-food orders (a lot of stars seem to love McDonald's). But most of the time, celebrities are eating a pretty strict diet.
Here are a few stars who have spoken out about fast-food or the eating plans they follow. You probably won't catch Tom Brady in the McDonald's drive-thru anytime soon.
And for more, check out these 15 Classic American Desserts That Deserve a Comeback.
Back in 2011, multiple celebrities, including the La La Land star, signed a petition urging McDonald's to use only cage-free eggs in its food. Other stars who signed the petition include Zooey and Emily Deschanel, Alicia Silverstone, and more A-listers.
There's good news, though: McDonald's has pledged to source cage-free eggs in the U.S. by 2025. Right now, 33% of McDonald's eggs in the U.S. are cage-free.
Tom Brady doesn't just hate fast-food cheeseburgers; he seems to have an aversion to all cheeseburgers, along with strawberries and coffee. "I don't believe you could be a 39-year-old quarterback in the NFL and eat cheeseburgers every day," Brady said to The Cut in 2016. "I want to be able to do what I love to do for a long time."
According to Shape, Emma Watson avoids "overly processed foods," a category that would include most fast-food offerings. She's been known to indulge in pizza from time to time, though!
Like Ryan Gosling, Silverstone signed the 2011 petition for McDonald's to use cage-free eggs. She's also vegan, which rules out the majority of fast-food meals.
Madonna reportedly follows a macrobiotic diet and doesn't eat meat, eggs, dairy, or wheat. There's not much you can order at, say, Taco Bell that fits those specifications.
More content from Healthy Eating
- – 4 Tips for Damage Control After Eating Too Much
- – 8 Classic Holiday Dishes That Should Never Make a Comeback
- – Coffee Habits That Are Aging You Faster, According to a Dietitian
- – Chefs Say They Would Never Order These Things From a Restaurant
- – 5 Things You're Doing Wrong When Cooking a Steak, According to Chefs
- – 9 Secrets To Choose the Best Pumpkin in the Pumpkin Patch
- – Surprising Side Effects Apples Have On Your Immune System, Says Science
- – 7 Secret Side Effects of Eating Cucumbers, Says Science