Giada de Laurentiis Just Shared Your New Favorite Dinner Recipe
Chicken picatta lovers, rejoice! Giada de Laurentiis just posted her latest weeknight dinner recipe, and it looks divine! Smothered in lemon caper sauce, this simple salmon dinner is healthy, fresh, and ultra-easy to whip up on any day of the week. Giada's recipes never disappoint, and this one is no exception. The 51-year-old chef, writer, and tv personality creates mouthwatering dishes that always delight.
Salmon is a fantastic source of protein for dinner dishes. This popular fatty fish packs a healthy dose of omega-3 fatty acids in every serving. Omega-3s reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure, and help support weight management. Salmon helps regulate weight by boosting your metabolism, decreasing belly fat, reducing appetite, and increasing insulin sensitivity. Salmon is also high in B vitamins, which support the repair of DNA and optimize the functioning of the brain and nervous system.
Capers shouldn't be underestimated either. The tiny morsels pack a punch of flavor without adding significant amounts of fat, sugar, or calories. Even in small amounts, when combined with salmon, capers may limit the biproducts that are linked to cancer risk, disease, and cell damage.
And let's not forget lemons, which pack high levels of vitamin C that are responsible for supporting heart health, digestive regulation, and weight management. This yellow fruit may also prevent kidney stones and anemia. Lemons contain soluble fibers and plant compounds which provide a wealth of health benefits worth exploring.
Incorporating salmon, capers, and lemon into your diet is a healthy and delicious choice you can feel good about making. Whip up Giada's Salmon Picatta dinner recipe in under 30 minutes, here's how.
Giada de Laurentiis's Salmon with Lemon Caper Sauce
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Four 5-6 ounces skinless wild-caught salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or clam juice
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (about 1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
How to Make It
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Dry and season the salmon fillets evenly with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Add the oil to the pan and heat for an additional 30 seconds. Add the fillets to the pan, flesh-side down, and cook without turning, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. The salmon should look cooked on the sides of the fillets.
- Carefully flip the fish and cook an additional minute until cooked through. Using a spatula, remove the fish to a plate to rest.
- Return the pan to medium heat and add the shallot and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, adding additional oil if needed. Cook until soft, about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, capers, and chicken broth. Simmer for 2 minutes to slightly reduce. Whisk in the mustard and butter until smooth and well incorporated.
- Add the parsley and drizzle the lemon caper sauce over the cooked salmon. Enjoy!
For more, check out the 9 Healthy Eating Habits Giada de Laurentiis Swears By.
More content from Recipes
- – 11 Best Ramen Recipes To Make This Winter
- – I Made Ross' Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich With the Moist-maker—& It's Too Much
- – 13 Delicious Ways to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
- – 7 Tips to Expertly Brine a Turkey, According to Chefs
- – 17 Classic Comfort Foods That Need To Make a Comeback
- – 7 Thanksgiving Side Dishes You Can Make in Your Air Fryer
- – 20 Healthy Shrimp Recipes That Take 15 Minutes (or Less!)
- – 7 Holiday Desserts You Can Enjoy if You Have High Blood Sugar