Healthy Snack Foods We Love: Rhythm Superfoods Kool Ranch Kale Chips
What: Rhythm Superfoods Kool Ranch Kale Chips
Tastes Like: Sadly, these crispy leaves taste nothing like Cool Ranch Doritos. However, the earthy blend of garlic, dill and kale is extremely tasty without being overpowering. If you like the taste of ranch dip, you'll likely be a fan of these, too. The best part: They don't have a lingering aftertaste like we thought they might. We could easily polish off an entire bag of these in seconds—and not just because of their bite-sized pieces.
Eat This! Because: These Kool Ranch Kale Chips are not only lower in calories and fat than Doritos but also serve up impressive amounts of two essential vitamins. These crunchy snacks deliver 55 percent of the day's immunity-boosting vitamin A and a whopping 300 percent of the day's vitamin K, a nutrient that helps blood clot. If you have trouble forcing yourself to eat leafy greens prepared other ways, this could be a way to reap some of the health-boosting benefits.
Best Way to Eat It: Straight out of the bag. Because it's both nutritious and non-perishable, these kale chips make for a great healthy snack for road trips or office cubicles. Throw them in a glove box or desk drawer, so you'll be prepared with something nutritious whenever hunger strikes.
Secret Ingredient: Unlike traditional chemical-laden chips, Rhythm uses fresh lemon juice, dill weed and garlic to flavor their organic kale—and it's evident every time you take a bite.
Nutritionals: Per 1-ounce (28 grams) serving: 140 calories, 7 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 220 mg sodium, 13 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 6 g protein
FOR HUNDREDS MORE WEIGHT-LOSS AND HEALTHY SNACK IDEAS, click here for our new book Eat This, Not That! 1,247 Awesome Slimming Swaps. Order now to get your FREE GIFT!
More content from Groceries
- – Costco Is Expanding Its Bakery Selection Right Now
- – 4 Dairy Companies With the Worst Food Quality Practices
- – The Best Costco Backyard BBQ Basics Right Now
- – Costco, Walmart, and Other Stores Just Pulled More of This Peanut Butter From Shelves
- – This Popular Peanut Butter Is Being Recalled Across The U.S.
- – We Tasted 10 Popular Light Beers & This Is the Best
- – 4 Nostalgic Grocery Store Favorites Coming Back Soon
- – Costco Just Brought Back This Beloved Frozen Treat For Summer