Instant Pot Shrimp and Broccoli
If I told you that you could have delicious shrimp and broccoli on your table in less than 15 minutes, would you believe me? Well, you better believe it, because this Instant Pot recipe can make shrimp and broccoli in not three, not two, but in just one minute. Seriously, that's it! Shrimp doesn't need a ton of time to cook, which is why this Instant Pot shrimp and broccoli recipe is the perfect recipe to whip up on a busy weeknight. Served on rice, or cauliflower rice to keep it low-carb, this recipe is one that you're going to want to make again and again.
Want to make it keto? Swap out the brown sugar!
This meal can easily be made keto by swapping out the brown sugar in the ingredients. Instead, use a keto sweetener like monk fruit. It's a one-to-one sweetener ratio, so simply use the same amount of monk fruit sweetener in this recipe to keep it keto.
Want a thicker sauce?
Make a cornstarch slurry! Mix together 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water. Once the cornstarch has worked into the water, pour it into the cooked shrimp and broccoli in the Instant Pot and mix to combine. The sauce will thicken over the next few minutes, so give it some time and mix occasionally.
Instant Pot Shrimp and Broccoli Recipe
1 lb. shrimp, fresh or frozen
2 broccoli crowns
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
How to Make It
- Cut the broccoli crowns into smaller florets.
- If you bought fresh shrimp, deshell the shrimp with clean hands. If you bought it frozen, make sure to thaw them overnight in the refrigerator. If they need deshelling, do that as well.
- In your Instant Pot, mix together the soy sauce, minced garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, brown sugar, and rice wine vinegar. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the broccoli and the shrimp to the Instant Pot. Seal the Instant Pot and set it on high pressure (Manual or Pressure Cook) for 1 minute.
- When the buzzer goes off, release the pressure immediately.
- Serve the shrimp and broccoli with rice, or cauliflower rice to keep it low-carb, as well as sriracha, sesame seeds, and sliced green onion.