A Creamy Bacon-Spinach Dip Recipe You Won't Believe Is Keto
Are you suddenly expecting last-minute party guests, and want to make a snack that'll come together quickly, but also go a long way in terms of feeding a crowd? Sometimes, there's no need to look further than a tried-and-true party classic: the spinach dip. The creamy dip never goes out of style and is a welcome addition to any party snack lineup, but you'll love it even more when you realize you can indulge in it even on the keto diet.
Yes, you heard that right—this is a keto-approved party food you can enjoy. This delicious iteration really hits a home run with the addition of bacon, which delivers crunchiness and smokiness to the creamy mix. Serve it alongside pretty much any sliced-up crunchy vegetable for maximum scoopability, or spread on a low-carb cracker or keto bread. You really can't go wrong! You can make this keto dip up to a day in advance and store it in the fridge. Not to mention, it makes for great morning-after leftovers, too. This is one of those easy recipes that will quickly make your party recipe rotation, whether or not you follow the keto diet.
Nutrition: 349 calories, 32 g fat (17 g saturated), 346 mg sodium, 9 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 7 g protein
Makes 6 servings
4 slices bacon, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
¼ cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 10-oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
2 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup whipping cream
⅛ tsp black pepper
Carrot sticks, celery sticks, and/or bell pepper strips, for serving
How to Make It
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add butter, onion, and garlic to bacon drippings in the skillet; cook until onion is tender. Stir in spinach; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted and smooth. Stir in whipping cream and pepper; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Top with bacon.
- Serve with raw vegetables.
More content from Recipes
- – 6 Best Rice Recipes to Shrink Belly Fat, Say Dietitians
- – 25 Best Vintage Recipes
- – Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppadew Peppers Recipe
- – 21 Healthy Memorial Day Recipes That Take 20 Minutes (or Less!)
- – Savory Spirulina and Kale Oatmeal Recipe
- – 50 Vintage Recipes to Bring Back This Summer
- – 20 Quick and Healthy Fish Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (or Less!)
- – 5 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes for Stronger Muscles, Says Dietitian