Keto Everything Cream Cheese Cucumbers Recipe
This low-carb, keto-friendly snack will keep you satiated, and you don't have to sacrifice taste, either! Whether you're keto crazy or just interested in testing the waters, this is a simple snack anyone can enjoy.
If you're looking to lose weight on keto, a study published in the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health reported that being on a keto diet can help control hunger levels and improve metabolic rate. When you're on the keto diet, you're looking for foods that are high in fat and low in carbs. Cucumbers make for a great low-carb snack, but what can you pair them with to up the fat content and help you reach ketosis?
Here, we've added cream cheese and bacon bits to the recipe to keep you feeling full, and the everything bagel seasoning topping (which, yes, is so easy to make at home with just six simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry) gives you a savory snack you'll love to make. You'll get full flavor in every bite, without the carbs of a real bagel. Plus, the whole thing takes about five minutes, so you can have a healthy snack that's homemade in no time.
These simple additions turn the cucumber-cream cheese "boats" from your youth into something sophisticated enough to serve at something like high tea (think of them like tea sandwiches, but reimagined into a low-carb bite). This recipe makes two servings, so you can store half in an airtight storage container and save for later.
Get the recipe for these keto everything cream cheese cucumbers below, and take snacktime to a new savory level.
Nutrition: 181 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated), 293 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 6 g protein
Makes 2 servings
2 Persian cucumbers
2 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp chopped fresh chives
1/2 tsp everything bagel seasoning
2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
How to Make It
- Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a shell.
- Stir together cream cheese mixture into cucumber shells.
- Top with everything bagel seasoning and bacon.
More content from Recipes
- – 11 Best Ramen Recipes To Make This Winter
- – I Made Ross' Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich With the Moist-maker—& It's Too Much
- – 13 Delicious Ways to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
- – 7 Tips to Expertly Brine a Turkey, According to Chefs
- – 17 Classic Comfort Foods That Need To Make a Comeback
- – 7 Thanksgiving Side Dishes You Can Make in Your Air Fryer
- – 7 Holiday Desserts You Can Enjoy if You Have High Blood Sugar
- – 25 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)