This Is America's Favorite Better-Burger Chain, Popular Survey Shows
There's been a lot of hoopla in the news lately about Burger King's Whopper changes, but lost in the fray is a sleeper hit burger chain that's among the fastest-growing in the nation—and among the most beloved. Florida-based BurgerFi has been one of America's buzziest fast-casual restaurants for a few years now, rated highly for the quality of its beef and renowned for its "better burger" branding (i.e. using products like Wagyu beef). Along the way, the on-the-rise company has racked up industry awards, exceeded sales goals, and opened numerous new locations. Heck, even Martha Stewart is on the BurgerFi bandwagon!
In case the stamp of approval from America's homemaking queen isn't enough to entice you, maybe this will: a new survey shows that BurgerFi is America's favorite fast-casual burger chain. For the second year in a row, the chain ranked among USA Today's 10 Best Reader's Choice Awards as the second in the Best Fast Casual Restaurant category—beating out the likes of Torchy's Tacos, Panera Bread, and Shake Shack. Not to mention, it is the highest-rated burger-focused chain on the list, with Shake Shack coming in at number six as the only other burger competitor in the top ten.
BurgerFi has curried favor with many a discerning fast-food burger connoisseur, thanks to its commitment to quality and innovation. It has also added 16 new locations in 2021 setting a record for the company and expanding well beyond Florida. It even acquired the upscale pizza chain Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza, adding more than 61 restaurants to the portfolio.
Despite inevitable pandemic-related hiccups, the chain generated $166 million in sales in 2021, a 30% increase from the previous year. And with 2022 goals to open 15 to 20 new locations, increase sales to $180-190 million, and implement new technologies like in-car ordering and digital kiosks, the future is looking brighter than ever for America's favorite better-burger chain.
More content from Restaurants
- – Top 5 Restaurant Chains With The Most Loyal Customers
- – 7 Fast-Food Restaurants Offering Great Deals In December
- – 10 Restaurant Trends You'll See Cropping Up in 2023
- – The 9 Best Restaurant Chains To Visit For Happy Hour
- – Starbucks' New Digital Tipping System Slammed by Customers and Baristas Alike
- – 9 Healthiest Fast-Food Breakfasts, According to Dietitians
- – 5 Fast-Food Add-Ons That Are Never Worth Your Money, According to Experts
- – 41-Year-Old Pizza Chain Bertucci's Goes Bankrupt For the Second Time