Ben & Jerry's Launches 2 New Nostalgic Flavors
From Netflix & Chill'd to Whiskey Biz, Ben & Jerry's is beloved for its unique selection of nearly 60 ice cream flavors. If you're a fan, your next assignment is to take a trip back in time. That's because the two new chocolatey additions to the Ben & Jerry's line-up are filled with a special ingredient: nostalgia.
First we had Milk & Cookies, now we have Chocolate Milk & Cookies, which features chocolate ice cream with chocolate chip cookies and chocolate swirls (playfully dubbed "fairy dust"). Dirt Cake, the second new flavor, reinvents the kid-favorite dessert with vanilla pudding ice cream, chocolate sandwich cookies, and chocolate cookie swirls. The Chocolate Milk & Cookies is topped with milk chocolate ganache and fudge chips, while the Dirt Cake is blanketed with milk chocolate ganache and chocolate cookie crumbles.
The two new flavors join Ben and Jerry's popular Topped line, which made its grand debut last January. They're topped with an added layer of ganache for fans to dig into. Unlike the two new flavors, however, the original seven Topped flavors are coated in either dark or white chocolate.
"The 2021 Topped lineup was one of our most successful innovation launches ever," Colleen Rossell, Ben & Jerry's flavor guru, said in a statement. "So, we can't wait for fans to literally DIG into these new flavors. If you're looking for a treat loaded with nostalgia that brings you back, these two new Topped flavors deliver."
While both pints will hit grocery stores during the first quarter, Dirt Cake will also be offered both as a flavor and a one-of-a-kind special sundae in Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shops across the country in the coming weeks.
For more ice cream-related news, don't forget to check out The Best Ice Cream Shop in Every State.
More content from Groceries
- – Trader Joe's Ranks Highest for "Brand Intimacy," New Study Says—But What is That?
- – Enoki Mushroom Is the Most Recalled Food Of the Year
- – 34 Items Costco Is Discontinuing This Winter
- – 4 Biggest Complaints Costco Customers Are Voicing Right Now
- – Costco Shoppers Are Going Crazy for This Frozen Pizza
- – Costco Just Brought Back Its Wagyu Beef—and Shoppers Have Mixed Feelings
- – Hummus Giant Sabra Halted Production To Get Back on Track After Frequent Food Safety Issues
- – The Best & Worst Cream Cheese on Shelves—Ranked!