The #1 Best Food That Lowers Your Risk of a Fatty Liver, New Research Finds
If you want to keep your liver in great working condition, which is an important factor when it comes to living a long and healthy life, then you may want to adopt a certain diet and incorporate a specific supplement into your routine. On top of that, you may also want to ensure that you're eating whole grain items which can actually lower your risk of developing a fatty liver.
In new findings published by Clinical Nutrition, those behind the study took a look at 14,968 participants—42.2% of which were men and all who were residents of Tianjin, China—who filled out questionnaires related to their typical diet.
After a period that ranged from one to six years, the researchers again took a look at the health of those who didn't have a background of issues such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, or liver diseases including both alcoholic fatty liver disease and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). They found that those who regularly ate whole grain foods had less chance of developing nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
"The results from our prospective study demonstrated that the higher consumption of whole grain is associated with a decreased risk of NAFLD in Chinese adults," the study authors confirmed. Beyond that, "[w]hole grain contributes a range of beneficial nutrients and is considered to play a role in the prevention of chronic diseases."
Indeed, whole grains boast a "complete package" of body-benefiting nutrients, according to the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Beyond that, multiple studies have shown that whole grains can help prevent cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer while also improving digestive health.
To find out how to incorporate whole grains into your diet, be sure to read The Best Whole Grains To Reduce Your Risk of Disease, Say Dietitians.
More content from Healthy Eating
- – The Green Mediterranean Diet Can Help Reduce Even More Visceral Fat, Study Says
- – 7 Brain-Boosting Breakfast Foods To Eat for a Focused Day
- – 8 Best Foods for When You Feel Your Blood Sugar Crashing
- – Suffer From Migraines? New Study Says Your Eating Habits May Be To Blame
- – Eating More Omega-3s Can Improve Cognitive Function, Study Says
- – 6 Foods To Avoid When You Have a Sore Throat
- – 12 People Who Should Never Drink Coffee, Say Dietitians
- – Is Sourdough Actually Healthier Than Regular Bread?